Senior Framework Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designer
Wells Fargo’s Customer Experience Design (CXD) team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Visual Designer for one of our primary portals, the Commercial Electronic Office® (CEO), and the Front-End Framework design team. The CEO platform leverages a responsive front-end framework that delivers 90+ applications to our commercial banking customers. You’ll help define, advocate for, and drive visual design direction for our Framework, as well as help create and build a scalable visual design system for use across the broader CXD team.
The Visual Design team seeks an experienced Senior Visual Designer with 7+ years of experience wearing many hats: working with established framework components and standards; designing for web-based applications; working with corporate brand strategies; prototyping based on user testing and research; working with accessibility experts; and helping to ideate, form and implement team deliverables and systems.
Your primary interest lies in responsive UX product development, UI libraries, visual hierarchy, UX patterns, and brand identity systems. You believe in and advocate for best practices and standards that maximize customer and user engagement. You also thrive working with complex data and forms, and have deep experience in concept development, prototyping, and optimizing final deliverables for all viewports. Web-based, CSS-friendly animation skills are big plus.
You enjoy working with a diverse array of people, are a flexible and resilient collaborator and partner, and are naturally an adaptable, organized thinker and problem solver. You embrace the creative and the collaborative, as well as managing timelines and deliverables for complex projects.
* Produce excellent hands-on visual design work, file setup, documentation specs, process tools, and deliverables that adhere to established and evolving framework components, accessibility, and UX guidelines and standards.
* Align with Sr. Visual Design Manager team regarding vision strategies, and project strategies with cross-functional team members.
* Be eager to develop and sustain long-term, positive relationships across the organization that aid your ability to successfully research and/or share design strategies, concepts and feedback.
* Serve as a Framework visual design SME to peers within VISD and the wider CIXD organization; field questions, research requirements, provide guidance, and collect feedback on component designs; support evolution of processes and methods within Framework.
* Push creative standards as required on strategic projects
* Be able to demonstrate web-based, CSS-friendly animation experience. We are particularly interested in micro-interactions and choreography that enliven interfaces and add ease of use to complex flows.
* Ensure the success of the Visual Design team through strong collaboration with the team on an ongoing, long-term basis.
* Attend project and status meetings as required, providing strong Visual Design presence and advocacy within cross-functional teams.
Attributes We Seek
* Creative and intellectual curiosity
* Enthusiasm for the internet as a medium of interaction and communication
* Awareness of brand and UX visual design trends and developments
* Enjoys solving complex problems
* Flexibility - the ability to solve strategic problems and nail down tactical details while accounting for/adapting to technical and business constraints
* A sense of humor
* Grace under pressure
* Commitment to collaboration
* Humble confidence
* A sense of excitement about the scale and impact of world-class enterprise work
* 7+ years demonstrated visual design experience designing for an established, responsive framework design system, and web-based applications for multi-device experiences, including iOS, Android, and native.
* 7+ years experience applying creative and design vision through all phases of design, from concept to development, including work with technology during these phases
* Experience designing with Accessibility compliance standards, and best UI practices.
* Experience working with large, cross-functional project teams, waterfall and iterative design and development processes.
* Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Mac OS a must, and ability to work within an internal database and Confluence.
* Animation experience in Adobe, and ability to deliver redline specs and CSS guidance.
* Familiarity with front-end mechanics, and HTML/CSS mechanics.
* Portfolio to illustrate applied experience as the visual design lead on projects, and applicable file work, including redlines, and design comps and versions.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Visual Design portfolio required.
How To Apply