The Raymond Corporation, a part of Toyota Industries Corporation, has been a proud innovator of material handling solutions for more than 90 years — designing and building the best lift trucks and material handling equipment in the business. We employ a team of skilled and talented people who have made us a world-recognized leader in our industry. We're a company with the strong values of innovation, quality and service and a steady commitment to the place where we live and work. The Raymond Corporation, is seeking an Industrial Designer at our Greene, NY, Corporate Headquarters, creating designs for the multiple brands of Toyota Material Handling North America.
We're also the leading producer of electric lift trucks in North America, and together with Toyota, the largest in the world! Our lift trucks are highly sophisticated vehicles with the same amount of embedded software that you would find in your automobile. Our designs are aesthetically pleasing, and easily noticed by our clients. To see more about what we do, and where we're going, go to www.raymondcorp.com.
Performs a wide variety of industrial design activities related to the development of the Raymond and Toyota product lines. Develops and proposes features, form, color, graphics, and labeling for each product line to achieve a cohesive corporate/brand look and feel. Integrates ergonomics, human factors, styling, and user friendliness into products, consistent with market needs and brand positioning.
• Assesses markets, and competitive products within those markets, and makes recommendations regarding product features.
• Identifies and assesses new materials and processes with the potential to reduce costs and enhance the appearance and market acceptance of product families.
• Assures that the Raymond-branded product line supports the image of the corporation, consistent with corporate marketing communications (and the Toyota product line with TMHU – Toyota Material Handling USA).
• Provides expertise on ergonomic and styling issues, as directed, to other functions within the corporation.
• Works with all North American divisions and outside contract product manufacturing firms on product color and image for products manufactured for Raymond markets.
• Performs related work as assigned.
• General business knowledge as would typically be acquired in a Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. Industrial Design, Ergonomics/Human Factors, Graphic Design, Mechanical Engineering, etc.)
• Three (3) or more years of experience in work related field is required.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences in written, verbal, and presentation situations.
• Proficient in the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, or other electronic sketching software.
• CAD surfacing in Fusion 360, Creo, Solidworks, or similar software experience is desired.
• Experience in rendering and animation is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
The Raymond Corporation is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
How To Apply