Program Coordinator-MMS- Nursing Service - Administration
Bachelors in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent ability to diagnose problems, build and repair machines, make things, learn new skills, critically think, fail early and fast, etc.
• Competency in safe construction, making, woodworking, electronics, and digital design concepts and processes and the ability to help others in both a formal setting and as casual advice
• Demonstrated competency with 3D CAD software, preferably Solidworks and/or Autodesk Inventor
• Working knowledge of 2D editing software such as Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, etc.
• Strong technical troubleshooting skills and an ability to use multiple tools and skills when problem solving, both digital as well as conventional
• Experience operating 3D printers, laser cutters and other desktop fabrication tools
• Experience operating machinery such as drill press, bandsaw, hand tools, and associated materials
• Dynamic self-starter with a positive, collaborative, and well organized work style
• Experience prototyping with microcontrollers: Arduino, LilyPad, Flora, etc.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills/information and take on new tasks
• Proven ability to build prototyping competence in beginner MakerSpace users
• The Maker Fellow & Fabrication Lead is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Medical MakerSpace and will be a key part of growing the UTMB Health MakerNurse community
• The Maker Fellow & Fabrication Lead will ensure that all MakerSpace equipment functions safely at all times
• The Maker Fellow & Fabrication Lead will use their experience to help teach/train members of the MakerSpace on the various methods of prototyping and machine use
• Training will be provided for operation and maintenance of laser cutter, 3D printer, and other machinery
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.