Senior Digital Experience Designer
Radius Innovation is seeking a proven, highly collaborative UI/UX designer to help grow our Hong Kong Digital Experience team. The ideal candidate will be a graphic design specialist versed in all facets of UX including information architecture, interaction design, and visual design. This is a creative design position that requires imaginative thinking around designing, developing, and implementing enhanced physical and digital experience solutions. Our Experience Designers work directly with our worldwide clients to help them visualize and explore new ways of expressing their products & brand. You will apply your user-centered design thinking principles while working closely with your internal partners in Strategy, Industrial Design, and Engineering to craft unique and innovative experiences.
- Be responsible for crafting the digital experiences for our client’s world-class products – from research & stakeholder interviews, requirements & flow definition, branded visual interfaces, and implementation oversight – to ensure that the digital vision is user-friendly, innovative and executed as designed.
- Analyze and define data, research, and business requirements into strong and executable ideas that translate their needs into applicable solutions.
- Think through user problems, find suitable solutions, and draw on your creativity to design innovative solutions that meet the needs of our client’s business, technical, and user goals.
- Rapidity prototype your ideas in physical and digital mediums (both low and high fidelity prototyping) to test and validate design concepts.
- Create flows, interfaces, design patterns across various experiences and products and platforms.
- Be the UX Design Lead in cross-functional development projects. Develop digital concepts.
- Be the lead in “Design Thinking” and creating a holistic understanding
- Create deliverables ranging from wireframes and rough concepts to complete visual designs, interactive prototypes, and user interaction specifications
- Present ideas and recommendations with solid rationale; evolve ideas with input from team members, clients, and users
- Provide input to the development and testing teams, both onshore and offshore, during the software development cycle
- Measure the impact of the designed experiences to continuously evolve the digital experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a design discipline (graphic design, interactive design, human-centered interaction), or related field
- 3+ years of experience within digital design directly related to software/apps/mobile design.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating experience taking an idea from early concept through all phases of the design process for software/web interface/apps interfaces
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies
- An understanding of what makes an experience good or bad is critical.
- Skills in estimating and managing multiple projects
- Demonstrable experience with interface design tools (ex. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, etc.) to design elegant, branded interfaces
- Demonstrable experience with prototyping tools (ex. Paper, inVision, Axure, etc.) to test and validate design concepts.
- Extraordinary communication skills - the ability to make complex ideas understandable, demonstrate passion and leadership, and strong written and verbal skills to explain design decisions. (Fluent in written and spoken English, Cantonese is a plus)
- Experience crafting design documents & deliverables like Product Requirement Documents, User Stories, User Journey Maps, Wireframes, Development Specifications, Mood Boards, Visual Comps, production-ready assets, style guides.
- Strong knowledge of emerging Digital Experience technologies, principles, and best practices.
- Understanding of design and technical capabilities/limitations of different digital experience platforms.
- Experience working within an agency environment
- Experience working on digital projects on a wide range of sectors, industries, and platforms. Not just marketing and e-commerce websites.
- Demonstrated design skills and strong command of visual attributes including composition, information organization, typography, graphics, and color.
- Excellent sketching skills
- Familiar with user research methodologies and process
- A passion for emerging technologies
How To Apply