Industrial Design Contractor (6 month +)
Who are we?
Founded in 1983 by Rob Harris, Pacific Market International was created under the guiding principles of sustainability, community and integrity. Today, PMI is a global leader in designing, marketing and manufacturing food and beverage solutions for busy lifestyles. Our two most recognizable brands, Stanley® and Aladdin®, are both over 100 years old and sold throughout the world. Our brand Migo® was founded in 1999 and is rapidly growing in the Asia Pacific region. We also own Slant Collections® and create private label products for select global retailers. When discerning consumers want the best, they seek out the brands of PMI.
This position is based at our headquarters in Downton Seattle, WA where we have beautiful views of Elliott Bay from our office windows. PMI also has offices in Bentonville, San Francisco, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Amsterdam, Manila, and Rio de Janeiro. Additionally, PMI has ownership of three manufacturing facilities - PMI Joinease in China and a factory each in Rio de Janeiro and Manaus, Brazil. With sales in over 50 countries, we are truly a global company.
Check us out at: www.pmi-worldwide.com.
As a Contract Industrial Designer at PMI you will be conceptualizing products as part of a cross functional design team, responsible for supporting the design and development of our product collection. You’ll bring your skills and knowledge to strengthen our heritage brands – Stanley and Aladdin, as well as designing solutions for our Private Label partners.
Within this 6 month contract position, we are looking for a passionate designer to play a key role in the continued growth and success of our company. In this role the designer will work independently and collaboratively with design staff and functional groups. This designer will work on multiple products for category leading brands, execute projects from conceptualization to production, and refine and grow your design capabilities.
What you’ll do
1. Collaborate with design, business and other functional groups to develop concepts that optimize the function, value and appearance of our products.
2. Advocate for the aspects of the design that relate directly to end user characteristics, needs and interests.
3. Create design concepts and documentation to convey solutions to engineering, product management and our factories.
4. Collaborate with designer and engineers to determine materials, construction methods, mechanisms, shape, CMF for the final product while meeting users and business goals.
5. Work as a member of the Design services team of industrial designers and design engineers, reporting to the design director.
6. Engage with, represent, and promote the culture of creativity and design within PMI, while exhibiting the overall corporate values.
What you are good at:
• Sketching and conceptualization skills must be top notch
• Able to communicate effectively and professionally verbally, in writing, and through sketching.
• Adept at problem solving and skilled at framing problems for resolution.
• Working with minimal oversight while being proactive in requesting assistance.
• CAD experience is a requirement, and Solidworks is our preferred solution.
Your education and experience:
• Degree in Industrial Design.
• 2+ years of experience in product design and manufacturing.
• 2+ years of experience with CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
• Knowledge of injection molding, metal fabrications, paints and finishes, compression molding, materials, heat transfer, basic thermodynamics and other relevant manufacturing techniques.
• Experience collaborating with engineering personnel and factories preferred.
Help us build our success story today. Please apply by contacting PMI at:
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.