UI/UX & Graphic Designer
We have an immediate opening for a well rounded UI/UX and graphic designer who is an advocate for simplicity and can reduce big visionary ideas into clean pure and engaging experiences.This is a role with responsibilities that covers every aesthetic element of Root. This position will have a direct impact on the success of Root and what makes our interfaces familiar, approachable, and easy to engage. We are looking for a high energy, experienced graphic designer that is self-motivated, goal oriented, and a strong team player with a proven track record of their work in use by large audiences.
• Create simple and seamless graphic elements across UI/UX mockups, logo creation, display ads, print media, online material, and app interfaces.
• Distill product requirements and user goals into sketches, wireframes, and artboards.
• Constantly reevaluate existing approaches and suggest ways to simplify experiences through graphical implementations.
• Create a graphical design language that is pure and engaging for a wide age audience and consistent across all media platforms.
• Use illustration tools to mock up the look, content, and flow of graphical elements.
Qualifications and Skills
• You have spent at least three years creating world-class artwork with a portfolio showing your wide variety of skills across shipped products and/or apps
• You have deep knowledge of what makes graphical elements visually stunning
• You think big and strive to use graphical elements that solve complex problems
• You have an incredible passion for good design
• You are extremely creative and can create wide varieties of imagery
• You are comfortable making vector based artwork and animations
• You have excellent drawing skills and can adapt to various styles
• You have the ability to work independently in a fast paced startup environment
• Stock options with vesting, you succeed as the company succeeds
• Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
• Medical & dental coverage
• Parking available
• Cool office space with 16' ceilings in a restored carriage factory
• Paid team lunches & outings
How To Apply