Principal Digital Experience Designer
HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We're a product development & innovation strategy firm. We help ambitious leaders build iconic brands through informed design.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU.
THRIVE is currently seeking a Principal Digital Experience Designer to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We’re looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial leader who help lead the UX practice to achieve business growth through the definition and design of digital products, services and experiences that people love. The work includes digital and interaction design across a range of touch points— on-product, mobile, and in-store. This person will oversee interdisciplinary design teams through research, strategy development, concepting, product definition, design, and transition to development.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
You will lead client partners to achieve their business objectives through the definition of compelling human insights, actionable business opportunities and user experiences that create new value, strengthen brands, and improve market share.
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
- 8+ years of experience in Digital Experience Design both practicing and leading teams.
Significant agency experience is a requirement. (Healthcare and medical product experience is a big plus).
- Must be in possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
- Prior experience designing product user interfaces, mobile applications, IoT experiences, and digital services that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and usability.
- Extensive expertise with Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience in managing and inspiring highly talented and productive digital experience design teams through close collaboration and coaching.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of product and service design, and complex experience ecosystems.
- Must possess a strong acumen for design strategy and delivering platforms with cutting edge technology to the market.
- Familiarity and comfortable working with development processes and experience working directly with development teams through execution and launch.
- Familiarity with programming languages and technology infrastructure.
- Comfortable working in very creative, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to present a case for change to executive leadership, client teams and colleagues in a convincing and engaging manner.
- Experienced at facilitating client experiences through workshops and collaborative work sessions.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
- Clear demonstration of project management processes and tools.
- Passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
- Formulates and effectively uses the appropriate knowledge, methods, tools and processes to manage, and direct multiple UX projects.
- Directs and inspires multi-disciplinary teams and clients to execute strategic projects and assumes responsibility for high project/program execution and quality.
- Coordinates with the leadership team to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Contributes to authoring and presenting project plans and proposals, and developing win strategies to help close business deals.
- Develops and manages relationships with clients, building trust, and ensuring project solutions meet or exceed a client’s expectations and objectives.
- Be a thought leadership (i.e. writing, speaking, publishing, etc.) and contribute to THRIVE’s growing IP and brain trust.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their business, challenges and opportunities to help identify and prioritize their near and long term goals.
- Direct multiple UX projects at any one given time.
- Serve as the key point of contact for client relationship on a project by project basis.
- Ensure the highest level of innovation and creativity while addressing key business objectives.
- Oversee the design of UX and UI for digital products and experiences, as well as IoT applications:
Digital brand definition / expression, Information architecture, interface/interaction design, Visual design language, Asset production, Style guides and pattern libraries, Prototyping & development support
- Direct the planning and implementation of usability testing and deliver strategic recommendations.
- Plan and facilitate collaborative workshops with our client partners to achieve a range of actionable outcomes.
- Lead the definition of new product, service and digital experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for business and technically feasible.
- Works closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.