Senior Digital Experience Designer
HELLO! WE’RE THRIVE!
We're a product development & innovation strategy firm. We help ambitious leaders build profitable brands through informed design.
But this isn’t about us, It’s about YOU.
THRIVE is currently seeking a Senior Digital Experience Designer to add to its growing team in Atlanta, Georgia. We are looking for an outstanding and passionate individual with a commitment to excellence to join the our growing Digital Experience practice to help create impactful customer-facing experiences that people love. The work includes digital and interaction design across a range of touch points— on-product, mobile, and in-store. This person will possess keen UX skills for researching, designing, and prototyping new user experiences based on product requirements, and possess a collaborative and entrepreneurial attitude with the desire to turn ambiguity into innovative experiences.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK WITH US?
You will lead client partners to achieve their business objectives through the definition of compelling human insights, actionable business opportunities and user experiences that create new value, strengthen brands, and improve market share.
(1) YOU’LL BE CHALLENGED.
Every organization talks about development and evolving your career, but here, it’s part of the job description. You’re going to show us what you’re great at, and we’re going to help you break into all the other things you’ve always wanted to do, from Design to Strategy to Branding and on and on. If you’re insatiably curious and ready to give your career all you’ve got by stepping beyond the title on your business card, we’d love to chat.
(2) YOU’LL HELP SOLVE THE RIGHT PROBLEMS.
Our clients come to us because they have a problem. And boy, do we love a challenge, so we attack each and every one with incredible rigor, discipline and a quality-or-die attitude. Work with thrive and you’ll get a chance to make a real difference for businesses and people through the products and services they interact with every day.
(3) YOU’LL WORK WITH PEOPLE AS PASSIONATE (I.E. CRAZY-DEDICATED) AS YOU ARE.
There’s no shame in being mega-enthusiastic about what you do, especially if that’s code for entrepreneurial. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in just fine around here. Here’s the thing: We’re growing. Fast. And if your idea of a good time is being a part of something big, then this is the place—and the team—for you.
• 5+ years of experience in Digital Experience Design.
• Significant agency experience is a requirement. (Healthcare and medical product experience is a big plus).
• Must be in possession of a relevant degree or professional qualification(s).
• Prior experience designing product user interfaces, mobile applications, IoT experiences, and digital services that balance user needs, commercial interests and technological constraints.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in information architecture, interaction design, visual design, and usability.
• Extensive expertise with Sketch, InVision, Axure, Framer, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with multi-platform designs.
• Knowledge of current industry standards for visual design, content strategy, and development.
• Knowledge of usability best practices and research.
• Familiarity and comfortable working with development processes and experience working directly with development teams through execution and launch.
• Familiarity with programming languages and technology infrastructure.
• Comfortable working in a very creative, fast paced, and rapidly changing environment.
• Deep expertise of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.) and creation of a variety of visual mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, and motion and visual guidelines.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills.
• Passion for exceeding expectations under tight time lines.
• Framing the larger concept based on user needs, technical specifications, and innovation opportunities.
• Driving the ideation process and presenting broad directions for products based on user requirements.
• Developing the design of UX and UI for digital products and experiences, as well as IoT applications: Digital brand definition / expression, Information architecture, interface/interaction design, Visual design language, Asset production, Style guides and pattern libraries, Prototyping & development support
• Planning and implementing usability testing and communicating findings and determining strategic recommendations.
• Translating interaction concepts into visual designs for various screen based platforms (e.g. mobile devices, touch screen panels, etc.)
• Understanding and working with the technical constraints of UI/display platforms to get the most out of them
• Planning and facilitating collaborative workshops with our client partners to achieve a range of actionable outcomes.
• Leading the definition of new product, service and digital experience value propositions that are desirable for people, viable for business and technically feasible.
• Working closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• Contributing to the planning and scoping of major client projects.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.