Founded in the heart of Manhattan, Lifeworks Technology designs and manufactures innovative mobile accessories for a broad range of brands and markets. Our team champions human centered design as a catalyst for making everyday products better. We’re thinkers, tinkerers and dreamers who love using technology as much as we love making it.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Industrial Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate is creative, detail oriented and not afraid of taking on a challenge. Just as technology is constantly evolving you must also be agile and eager to learn. You’re inquisitive and articulate and can clearly communicate your ideas verbally and visually to a variety of audiences. You have a keen understanding of the design process, from research and ideation to refinement and mass production.
• 4-year degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
• 1-3 years of experience designing hard-good products.
• Excellent modeling skills in SolidWorks including surfacing is a must
• Knowledge of rendering software (Keyshot is preferable)
• Knowledge of Adobe software including Photoshop and Illustrator
• Must possess expert sketching ability and be able to show an evolved design process through drawings and renderings
• Working knowledge of hard goods construction, techniques, manufacturing, and materials.
• Ability to articulate ideas in a persuasive matter to a variety of different audiences.
• experience creating compelling story boards, trend research, and color reports to convey point of view
Nice to have:
• Experience designing electronics / mobile accessories
• Experience in soft goods
Please provide CV and Portfolio when applying
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.