Toy Designer - LOL Brand!
MGA Entertainment, a consumer entertainment Products Company headquartered in Van Nuys, California, manufactures innovative lines of proprietary products for the toy and consumer electronics market. The company also licenses its IP in such areas as home décor, stationery and sporting goods. The MGA family includes award-winning brands such as Little Tikes®, Lalaloopsy™, Num Noms, Project Mc2, LOL, Zapf Creation® and more! For more information please visit www.mgae.com.
Key Result Areas and Activities:
• Participate in brainstorms to identify toy concepts in line with strategies and parameters to support and elevate brands.
• Create concept sketches and renderings for presentation to the team.
• Prepare control drawings using digital programs, and/or oversee vendors in preparation of control drawings, taking engineering requirements and manufacturing into consideration.
• Manage internal and external model shops in the development of mechanisms and prototypes.
• Conceptualize and communicate toy functions and basic play patterns for simple to high-complexity toys.
• Successfully present and communicate concepts to the design and marketing management and creative departments.
• Partner with cross-functional teams and outside vendors to insure product integrity and marketing objectives.
• Manage daily correspondence with Asia partners.
• Some travel required.
• BS/BA degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design or equivalent degree.
• 3-5 years previous toy design experience (toy design experience highly preferred).
• Experience with original IP/product is highly preferred.
• Experience with design of toy products highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Solid works or other 3D programs is beneficial.
• Knowledge of material and manufacturing process, specifically plastics highly preferred.
• Understanding of features in the consumer electronics industry and their influence in the toy industry a plus.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and 2D computer programs.
• Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
• Passion/knowledge of current trends in general as well as trends in toys.
• Skill in brainstorming and ideation with strong sketching and rendering skills.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining quality and attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Self-starter with a proactive approach to work and the ability to work independently.
• Basic model making skills.
How To Apply