Tenure-Track Position in Product Design
- Why join us -
The Interior Architecture and Product Design (IAPD) Department is housed in the College of Architecture, Planning and Design alongside the Architecture, Landscape Architecture and Regional Planning Departments. This creates a robust environment of creative disciplines ripe with collaborative opportunities and infrastructure.
- About this role -
The Department of Interior Architecture and Product Design at Kansas State University invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in Product Design for the academic year beginning August 2018. The appointment will be at the rank of assistant or associate professor and salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications. Kansas State University is a land grant institution and candidates should be committed to a tripartite mission of teaching, creative and/or scholarly research, and service. The interdisciplinary and active learning environment of IAPD provides students with an extraordinary education. Our degree is a hybrid, interweaving interior architecture, product design, and furniture design to create the next generation of professionals ready to design at multiple scales. In our degree innovation and the art of ‘making’ intersect with evidence-based design. We are searching for a colleague with creative energy, passion and vision for the future of IAPD; who values research, design, and making, has a collaborative spirit, and can contribute at multiple levels of the curriculum. We aspire to find a colleague who embodies the four core values: versatility, collegiality, coherence, and peer evaluation.
- What you'll need to succeed -
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Terminal degree in Product Design, Industrial Design, or related field.
• Ability to teach design studios across the curriculum.
• Ability to develop and teach lectures and seminars in one or more required areas of our curriculum.
• Ability to develop a scholarly/creative agenda related to his or her academic/professional expertise.
• Capability to integrate digital design technology into his or her design studio teaching.
• Three or more years of creative professional practice experience in Product/Industrial Design.
• Diverse design background and ability to teach design thinking at multiple scales.
• Demonstrated excellence in teaching design studios and capability to serve in a design studio leadership role.
• Established scholarly/creative agenda.
• Record of service to the academic and professional communities.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.