Senior Experience Designer (UX/Visual)
We’re looking for a passionate Senior Experience Designer to define and guide the execution of experiences that span across multiple digital touch points including product, devices, mobile apps, websites, software, services and environments for one of our studio’s largest clients.
Working from our San Francisco studio, you will partner closely with multidisciplinary teams to define and guide experience definitions through opportunity identification, concept ideation, product validation and launch.
As a Senior ExD team member you are not only skilled in Information Architecture, Interaction Design and UI Design, with research and testing capabilities, but you will also have experience leading these efforts. You are skilled at leading ideation and presenting ideas to other team members and clients, and able to delegate tasks to more junior IXD members on the team.
What you’ll do:
- You will own specific activities on projects ranging from user flows, journey mapping, IAs, wireframes, prototypes and screen flows
- You will participate in brainstorming and idea generation sessions, as well as own areas of features and functions that will be produced from early sketches all the way to rich and interactive prototypes
- Analyze reports that aggregate findings based on larger usability sessions, strategic approaches and expert research
- Develop digital frameworks that define feature requirements through hero/signature, side-kick and generational experiences
- Partner with various creative leads to organize decks and deliver for executive internal and client-facing presentations
- Provide mentorship to more junior team members and will help them in their growth
- Collaborate with the xd director, art director and digital strategist to help inspire and guide the junior visual designers to enhance interactivity and delight users.
- Help define product requirements and play an active lead role in feedback and iteration during the product life cycle
- Recommend and optimize product features that deliver against key business goals and user needs
- Support conversations with internal teams and clients to guide decision making and alignment, at the most senior levels
Who you are:
- A strong communicator, influencer and cross-functional partner that is able to present solutions; clearly articulate experience design principles and methodology that informs the work
- Collaborative, inclusive and flexible team member who can successfully work across disciplines with various stakeholder groups, both within fuseproject and across client organizations
- Able to successfully manage all aspects of the project from start to finish
- Able to produce results both independently and collaboratively as a team member and mentor others
- Experienced in designing large and complex organizations of content and features, as well as complicated user flows, and taxonomies for complete product development lifecycles of web and/or software applications
- A design advocate and a strong employer of human-centered design practices that knows how to interpret data to make informed design decisions
- Experienced with shipping and launching multiple products while having the ability to work within a high demand, fast-paced team
- You should have at least 5+ years practical experience with an undergraduate degree in a related field. An MFA is a bonus and highly desired
- Someone with a portfolio showcasing compelling and quality interface design as well as a track record of leading projects under minimal supervision
- Highly proficient at using tools like Sketch, Invision, Illustrator, Photoshop, Keynote, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office products like Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Willing to travel internationally up to 20%
How To Apply