Working on the girls brand team you will ultimately be responsible for all illustration requirements per allocated brand(s)/category. Will be the go-to person for all aspects of brand development whether this be market trends, styling direction or execution of technical documentation for development.
- Ability to communicate in a variety of drawing styles within your Brand/Category.
- Advanced Illustrator and Photoshop skills.
- Advanced knowledge of toy manufacturing process, including, Moulding, Painting and Printing.
- Ability to create technical specifications for toy manufacturing with minimal amendments.
- Creation of advanced technical specification documentation across all manufacturing processes.
- Able to facilitate understanding and adoption of new/existing processes, procedures, technologies and methods/approaches with respect to all facets of Illustration as required.
- Able to question, provide guidance and support to assist individuals to achieve their professional goals.
- Have at least 5 years relevant experience
- Tertiary qualification preferred, but not essential
Illustration (see further details within document “KPI”)
• Style product and ensure it works within the restrictions of product function and cost.
• Create accurate product specification documentation with minimal amendments from LPD.
• Communicate changes clearly and effectively to other stakeholders both internal and external.
• Work efficiently on illustration tasks to meet expectations of key milestones and schedule. • Identify gaps and raise to relevant platform this can include, process, product development, training.
• Develop dynamic Illustrations for packaging and marketing materials.
• Proactively manage allocated time and expectations on tasks and milestones, raise concerns and offer solutions where you foresee impact on the schedule.
• Ensure that progress is made in personal key skills and development.
• Responsible for management of “Approval Stages” for product development from China. When required travel to China for these approvals or support other illustrators or PD’s onsite from MBO.
Concept Development Work
• Actively research the market-place / retail, other toy companies, vendors, trade fairs, and online for trends, ideas, samples and information that will lead to and support new ideas for products and brand extensions.
• Brainstorm directly with “brand design team “on initial concepts for new and existing brands then;
• Develop product “Form and Style” to progress an idea to concept approval with mood boards and styling sketches
• Create concepts that are suitable for brand and also achievable with manufacturing restrictions
• Ability to source and direct on diverse illustration styles that may sit outside your personal scope but is suitable for a specific brand / category.
• Set style and process for brand illustration in such a way that it can be passed onto other illustrators internally or externally
• Sets colour pallets for product at brand and theme level
• Assist with keeping brand integrity on existing developed brands across multiple departments
• Clearly communicate brand vision to others stakeholders within your team (see contacts and interactions)
• Take lead in training and integrating new staff members into the design department.
• Help illustrators within team resolve creative integrity issues when function impacts on form.
• Assist illustrators working on your brand to create accurate product specification documentation with minimal amendments from LPD. (This may involve checking and approving documentation before being passed on for approval).
• Identify training requirements and gaps in illustrator development and raise to Studio Manger.
• Assist Studio Manager in assessing teams’ abilities for both KPI’s and individual professional development plans.
Digital / Entertainment
• Work closely with relevant stakeholders to assist with production of digital assets.
• Assist with reviewing and commenting on storyboards and scripts to ensure it is true to brand value.
• Review and comment on external suppliers illustration work to ensure it is true to the illustration style and brand value.
Please upload a resume and short selection of work for review (folio).
How To Apply