Spectrum/Tovolo is seeking a Senior Level Industrial Designer to join our growing creative team. In this position, you will be responsible to analyze, visualize, prototype, create and deliver new product concepts and designs. This role requires an individual who has a passion for product as well as a passion for design. We are seeking somebody that will fit into and enhance our culture and understands the processes and methodologies used in creative innovation. We want a creative thinker who can visualize and support their ideas throughout the entire process of product creation; from problem/opportunity identification to 3D model creation, prototyping, engineering resolution and final concept delivery. The ideal candidate understands this process and wants to be hands on in every aspect of bringing a product to life.
Our product categories are focused in the housewares industry, from kitchen tools and gadgets to closet and pantry organization. We are looking for people that are ready to change the way consumers interact with the tools they use in the kitchen and throughout their homes.
- Observe, understand and interpret user interactions and translate these observations into strategic design drivers and creative product solutions
- Execute current product audits and define conclusions to inspire the creation of new product design
- Identify macro trends, understand the potential and possible crossover and use them to inspire relevant products
- Use high level sketching and drawing skills to communicate design visions to larger teams
- Use technology and development tools to create visual concepts allowing proper communication of ideas and concepts to product and leadership teams.
- Build prototypes in our workshop as part of the iterative design process to convey product and design innovation and intent
- Build prototypes in our workshop to be used in internal and external development meetings
- Lead and participate in brainstorms, sketch and ideation sessions to identify relevant ideas
- Develop concept ideas into innovative and relevant consumer products
- Work with legal team to implement and execute relevant IP
- Some travel to Asia, tradeshows and customer visits as applicable
- Minimum of a bachelors degree in Industrial Design
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in closely related consumer product categories
- Excellent sketching/drawing and visual communication skills (analog and digital)
- Fluency with Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with strategic innovation programs, design creation and related processes and models
- Experience with interaction and iterative design process
- Experience with overseas and contract production
- Experience with molded plastics, wire forming, stamping, and silicone a plus
- Excellent collaborative skills and experience working with cross functional teams
- Excellent prototyping skills; study models, breadboards, proof of principal and functional prototype
- Self motivator and strong team motivator
- Be a team player; demonstrated capability to work within a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and develop new skills in relation to projects
- Ability to conduct consumer observations, analyze this input and develop inspired frame of reference
- Ability to manage time in relation to project deadlines while handling multiple projects
Position located in either Streetsboro, OH or Seattle, WA office.
Please submit your resume and portfolio.
Spectrum/Tovolo is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information on our brands please see our websites:
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.