Art Director/Design Lead
HITLAB is an innovation lab dedicated to improving the quality and accessibility of healthcare worldwide. We help leading organizations ideate, create, evaluate, and diffuse technology- based solutions to pressing healthcare challenges.
Our team of public health professionals, anthropologists, statisticians, clinicians, engineers, economists, strategists, and designers is determined to address healthcare needs across the globe.
We work with a wide variety of stakeholders in both the public and private sectors to design and disseminate studies, programs, and products that improve healthcare access and delivery.
Position Overview: HITLAB is seeking an Art Director/Design Lead with 3-5 years of experience leading design, both tactically and strategically. Must be comfortable designing across all mediums including: digital, print, experiential, and more. This designer must have an exceptional eye for building and enforcing a brand. The ability to thrive in lean startup environments and shift fluidly across mediums is a must.
The Art Director/Design Lead will develop, conceptualize, and execute creative ideas for high quality designs on assigned projects across all service offerings at HITLAB. He/She will work with the HITLAB Marketing Director and provide support to organization wide initiatives.
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
• Extremely proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Sketch. Word and Excel
experience are also a must.
• Portfolio displaying comprehensive skill with core design principles, typography, color
and layout (PDF submissions or URL of online portfolio accepted).
• Receptive to constructive criticism and able to translate that feedback to improving
current and future designs.
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to adapt to changing priorities.
• A positive attitude and a strong work ethic.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required; must work effectively as part of
• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or design.
• Experience with Squarespace is a plus.
• 1-2 years’ experience in UI design is preferred.
Why work at HITLAB?
HITLAB is an exciting place to work. Recently selected by groups such as NYC, the Gates Foundation, and AARP to assist in various digital health research and evaluation studies, we are at the forefront of cutting-edge biomedical and public health innovation, our teams explore complex and interesting problems that require urgent solutions and have high impact on global healthcare access and delivery. Team sizes are small and offer numerous leadership opportunities. Diversity is at the heart of our value system and work process, which makes for a rich learning environment. The nature of our mission ensures that our teams push boundaries of skill and knowledge, so they continue to grow throughout their tenure at HITLAB. Come join our team of people driven by collaboration, impact, and innovation
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
HITLAB is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email their resume, letter of interest explicitly stating fit with the position requirements and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Apply