Director of Sales
At Bresslergroup, we are a motivated lot of thinkers, makers, and problem solvers. We challenge and inspire each other every day. BGers are curious, clever, and nimble, and we look for candidates who are all those things and more. Our firm is technically grounded, so that we can take any idea – no matter how complex – and make it a reality, while simultaneously keeping our design simple and clean. With five disciplines under one roof, we work in multidisciplinary teams whose combined research, creative, and technical expertise add value throughout a collaborative product-development process. This is how we remain reliably innovative.
As the Director of Sales, you are responsible for devising and implementing the company’s sales strategy, across all disciplines, and monitoring effectiveness. You evaluate emerging business opportunities, while positioning Bresslergroup appropriately, and utilizing our sales resources and technical capabilities. You implement a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales. You participate in sales meetings with clients, old and new, to maintain our relationships with our returning customers and grow our relationships with our new customers. You are excited about the opportunity to help Bresslergroup continue to grow and develop.
• Grow/improve the sales organization in accordance with strategies set by the executive team.
• Set revenue growth targets and key sales performance indicators for the company.
• Prepare and present sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client-base expansion to executive team.
• Maintain best practice in sales techniques throughout the firm.
• Work with executive team and Director of Finance to develop sales operating budget and planning.
• Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly.
• Meet with key clients and prospects, assisting sales and Account Management teams with growing relationships and closing deals.
• Review and analyze sales performances against programs, proposals, and plans to determine effectiveness.
More About You
You have at least 10 years of experience in a sales leadership role, and a degree in business or a related discipline. You have experience working with design and engineering professionals. You are comfortable and have many years of experience in client-facing roles. You have 5 years of experience working with a consultancy.
You are clever.
You have a significant record of accomplishment with top-line sales growth, including new business development. You also have experience growing strategic client relationships, and cultivating the sales process within a consulting environment. You have excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills – all needed for your client-facing role. You have experience developing effective account management strategies and structures, and a history building an effective sales organization.
You are curious.
You like to explore new territories and learn from others. You watch for opportunities to cross and upsell clients as needs emerge during the sales process. You want to be deeply immersed in the product development process, and are willing to educate yourself as needed to truly understand the nature of client work.
You are nimble.
You are comfortable with ambiguity and complexity, because sometimes that leads to the most unique, unexpected design solutions. You are able to work strategically, but also willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done. You want to work in an environment where things move quickly. You can work on-site in our fantastic office in Center City, Philadelphia.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.