W.W. Norton & Company is seeking a Junior Designer in their Trade Art Department. This position will cover a number of responsibilities related to the design and publication of the Trade Hardcover, Paperback, and Liveright lists. These will include designing original book covers, assisting with mechanical production, assisting the Art Directors with management of their lists, and help in developing animation projects. The Junior Designer is an entry-level position and will report to both the Trade Design Director and Executive Art Director of Hardcovers.
Other Core Job Responsibilities Include:
• Assist Art Directors with designing and producing jackets.
• Design original covers under the guidance of the Art Directors.
• Assist with mechanical production and routing.
• Play an evolving role in W.W. Norton’s cover animations and trailers.
• Various other tasks as assigned by their manager(s).
• Requirements: 1-2 years of experience is a plus, but not required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics is essential.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Must posess a critical eye for design.
• Inspired to think independently and creative.Fluency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, and Premier (or similar video editing software)
Please note - this job description is not designed to cover all activities required of the employee.
Ready to apply? Click here: http://atsod.com/j/s.cfm/GFV
W.W. Norton & Company, Inc. is the oldest and largest publishing house owned wholly by its employees. W.W. Norton strives to carry out the imperative of its founder to “publish books not for a single season, but for the years in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry”. For more information about the Company, please visit us online at: http://www.wwnorton.com.
W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.
How To Apply