Art Production Coordinator
Do you want to join an incredibly passionate and talented team in a fast-growing company that is blazing trails in the world’s largest media industry?
Callisto Media is an innovative technology and intellectual property company revolutionizing the book publishing industry by using proprietary tools to identify and meet consumer demand. Founded in 2011, we consistently create titles year after year with recurring demand in popular Non-Fiction categories such as Cooking, Health, Wellness, Fitness, Mindfulness, Business, Crafts, and many other general reference topics. With offices in the Bay Area, Silicon Valley, and New York City, we are experiencing tremendous growth and are seeking an Art Production Coordinator who can help fuel our next wave of expansion.
Integral components of our longstanding success are impactful cover designs and appealing interiors that are strategically and analytically positioned to quickly engage consumers at point of sale. Our experienced teams of data scientists and publishing veterans work closely to create books readers want to buy. In recognition of our exceptional targeting, superior quality, and rapid growth, we have been ranked one of the top two fastest growing publishers by Publishers Weekly in each of the last three years. Please view a sample of our work at the following link: https://indd.adobe.com/view/4b1e4d39-d976-4bf5-8911-c6164bd3b80d
The Art Production Coordinator reports to the Lead Art Manager and is responsible for providing support in the allocation and management of our photography and illustration resources.
The ideal candidate is high-energy and detail-oriented, has proven experience managing complex art production tasks in a Trade publishing or magazine environment, and has an established track record in collaborating successfully with in-house production teams. Experience maintaining digital asset management systems is a plus.
• Allocate photo research and retouching resources, including drafting and circulating vendor Briefs
• Conduct supplementary photo research
• Organize assets for complex illustration programs
• Download hi-res image files from vendors and circulate through production
• Generate and route art credits for Designers
• Maintain art and budget logs for all products
• Generate and route vendor usage reports
• Track and help manage art licensing renewals
• Set up and circulate purchase orders
• Upload and organize art in our digital asset management system
• Provide asset management support for Sales and Marketing teams
• Provide support on photo shoot production
• Send courtesy copies of books to vendors
• Adhere to demanding schedules and help uphold high design quality standards
Desired Skills and Experience
• At least 2 years art production experience in a Trade publishing or magazine environment
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with a great attention to detail
• Superior organizational skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, and meet tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of print production process
• Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
• Ability to take initiative while working collaboratively
• Adaptability in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment
• Bachelor’s degree in photography or design, or equivalent education and experience
Callisto Media offers a competitive salary, full benefits, 401K, stock options, and a friendly working environment. This is a full-time, onsite position at our office in Emeryville, California. Please submit a resume, salary requirements, and a cover letter describing why you are an ideal candidate.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.