Senior Industrial Designer
Invetech in San Diego growing. We are seeking a Senior Industrial Designer to translate user needs and technology into intuitive, inspiring products. Invetech is a leading provider of product design and realization services to some of the world’s largest diagnostics, biomedical and healthcare organizations.
Working in this role you will:
• Lead and advocate for Industrial Design across the product design and development process, with involvement in user research, concept creation, prototype development and iteration.
• Engage in hands-on design to move from sketches to prototypes of various fidelity, and shepherd the final design direction.
• Work collaboratively with product design teams including other Industrial Designers, Mechanical Engineers, UX Designers, Usability Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Scientists and Program Managers.
• Participate in Human-Centered Design approaches, including generative design research, and user testing in the field.
• Work directly with clients to scope projects and contribute to their product success
• Be a part of a team that takes on big challenges, designs elegant systems, supports each other and enjoys the journey.
• Project ideation
• Concept creation
• Hands on design
• Prototype development
• Design direction
• Participation in and leadership of HFE and usability testing
• Collaboration with extended product team and clients
• Design advocacy throughout the development process internally and with clients
• Scoping projects and proposals
• 7+ years of professional Industrial Design experience across a range of product development and design programs with a portfolio of work. At minimum, a Bachelor Degree in Industrial Design, or equivalent, is required
• Exceptional sketching, concepting and 3D visualization capabilities. A deep proficiency with 3D CAD and Adobe Creative Suite is a requirement.
• Experience working closely with clients, gathering needs, and interpreting and translating these into concepts and mature design proposals
• The confidence and experience to advocate for good design to both clients and internal stakeholders, from concept through to final product
• A broad view and understanding of the product development process and a keen understanding of how industrial design, HFE, usability, and UX can be employed to influence this process
• A collaborative work ethic and deep understanding of the importance of the team, coupled with ability to work autonomously
TRAVEL: 10 - 30%
Invetech is a global innovation, design and product realization consultancy. We blend creativity, human centered approaches, commercial know-how and technical acumen to help our clients create business success. For more than 25 years Invetech has been at the forefront of breakthrough technology and product development, helping companies get new products to market through innovative design, engineering and manufacturing. Our teams work on a variety of exciting biotech, life science, consumer and healthcare projects, and our designers and engineers work with leading edge technologies across these industries to bring ideas to reality for our customers.
Invetech is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We support workforce diversity. We pay salaries commensurate with market value, and provide exceptional benefits.
Please apply online via our website at www.Invetech.us or email resume to email@example.com
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.