About the Role
We are looking for a full stack product designer, who is expected to wear many hats- from design analyst and researcher, to user experience designer, prototyping agent, technology evangelist, physical product hacker and data scientist. They are curious design thinker who, from the very beginning of a program, ask “who are we designing for and why?” They are skilled researchers, data driven and detail oriented designers who are passionate about meeting the needs of the user, and creating an experience that is not only beautiful, but efficient and enjoyable. As a Product Designer, you might participate in usability studies, analyse research findings, or data analytics, create detailed design specifications, create hand-on prototype, integrate tech solutions and interact with our manufacturers.
- Deliver an end-to-end user experience across every user touch point for the 91springboard business, using well established human-centered design principles.
- You will support user experience design initiatives for products and spaces and contribute directly to creating the next generation of physical user experiences.
- You will be working with talented business, engineering, tech and design professionals across various cities in India to drive the development of desirable, usable, delightful, brand differentiating and disrupting service experiences.
- Consult with stakeholders/members to determine requirements for design development.
- Research the various ways a particular product might be used, and who will use it
- Define a product vision for the particular problem/issue
- Identify fresh and relevant technologies and in collaboration with tech team to create new and exciting products, drive innovation and deliver experience to add value to the user experience.
- Sketch out ideas or create renderings, which are images on paper or on a computer that provide a better visual of design ideas
- Use computer software to develop virtual models of different designs. Create physical prototypes of their designs
- Examine materials and manufacturing requirements to determine production costs
- Work with other specialists such as tech team, mechanical/electrical engineers or manufacturers to evaluate whether their design concepts will fill needs at a reasonable cost
- Evaluate product safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is practical
- Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to clients for approval
Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Design (Product/Industrial)
Experience : Advanced Experience with Industrial design and prototyping tools, e.g., 3D CAD programs(Alias, Rhino, Solidworks etc.), Rendering programs (Keyshot etc), Adobe CS Suite, 3D printing, Laser Scanning, Rapid tooling etc.
Skills & behaviours Required:
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork attitude.
- A learning attitude towards unknown and ready to experiment with tech products and platforms -
like (3D scanners, VR/AR, IoT, Big Data, Raspberry Pi)
- Knowledge of estimating, construction methods, engineering, equipment and technology
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, communication, collaboration and analytical skills
- Must have excellent communication skills – verbal and written
A comprehensive portfolio is an essential piece of any application for a design role at 91springboard. Please ensure that yours is curated and focussed, clearly showcasing your process and role on each project.
Applicants who do not supply a link or PDF with samples of their work can unfortunately not be considered.
How To Apply