Online Experience Manager
The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals, and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The Online Experience Manager is responsible for creating a world-class online experience for our members and customers, managing ISA's presence across multiple websites, social media channels, and email marketing campaigns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Understand ISA’s vision statement and adhere to ISA staff core values.
• Plan, develop and execute digital marketing strategies across all digital channels - email, web, organic search, and paid advertising to attract and engage prospects and optimize marketing campaigns.
• Develop and execute annual plans for all ISA website enhancements and new features that align with strategic goals; coordinating with key stakeholders for execution.
• Manage ISA’s social media presence across all relevant social media platforms; contribute to the development of a social media strategy and execute that strategy as prescribed for each site; respond to general social media inquiries with input from internal sources. Generate social media conversation during ISA events.
• Manage monthly reporting of metrics and analyze performance of campaigns along with the recommendations for opportunities and/or improvements - responsible for certain key reporting and analysis of metrics on ISA’s web properties through Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
• Develop and execute SEO strategies.
• Create and distribute of segmented email campaigns
• Collaborate with key stakeholders and external vendors to communicate the status of highly-visible initiatives.
• Monitor and track online customer behavior to identify and recommend new opportunities to improve KPIs.
• Through user experience (UX) studies and research efforts such as user testing, surveys, and focus groups, acts as a customer advocate and recommends new platform features through understanding of customers and their responsibilities.
• Creates sponsored hyperlinks for online publications.
• Keeps abreast of external digital landscape, industry trends and digital developments in other market segments.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred (will consider appropriate combination of education and experience)
• Three to five years of experience in online marketing and promotions, preferably in a non-profit environment. Understanding of marketing, communications, social media, and promotions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience with web technologies and software
• Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced business environment
• Detailed oriented, analytical, curious and self-motivated
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present information in a variety of formats and settings
• Ability to write correspondence in a professional manner
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written. Fluency in additional languages is a plus.
Decision Making and Reasoning Ability
• Ability to synthesize and interpret large volumes of information to use for decision making.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, develop conclusions, and determine appropriate action plans.
• Ability to complete projects accurately and within established deadlines.
• Able to work independently to complete projects without daily supervision
• Strong project management and time management skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• High attention to detail.
• Customer service orientation to develop positive working relationships with ISA partners, as well as peers and team members.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of individuals
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
• Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
• Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
• This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• The position will not routinely require work outside of normal office hours, but from time-to-time overtime may be required to meet deadlines
• The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate
Technology and Equipment
This position will use a variety of software programs. The ideal candidate will have the following technical competencies;
• High aptitude for technology
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows 7 and Office 2007 and/or 2010 including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with multiple web content platforms
• Experience with Google Analytics
• Experience working with Adobe InDesign or other graphic design software suite is required
• Experience using a variety of social media platforms
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.