Lead Product Designer
Title: Lead Product Designer
Reports to: President / CEO
Location: Dorset, VT
Status: Full Time
Salary: $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 / year
J.K. Adams Company, a leading manufacturer of fine quality USA made wooden housewares, entertaining, and gift products, is looking for a Lead Product Designer with the proven ability to deliver creative and innovative designs. Must have the ability to work with the President / CEO and other members of the product development team to develop preliminary concept drawings, mock-up’s, and final prototypes for sales samples and production purposes.
• Research and develop new product designs for existing product categories, as well as new categories targeted for expansion.
• Collaborate with customer design teams to develop compelling new product offerings.
• Manage and work with a full time Model Maker.
• Prepare preliminary concept drawings and 3D prototypes, as well as complete working drawings for production.
• Create and maintain detailed CAD drawings for all products.
• Collaborate with manufacturing management and production personnel to determine best ways to manufacture new products.
• Assist Marketing Manager and outside suppliers to design packaging that will effectively present and protect the products.
• Formal design training, bachelor’s degree in industrial design, or commensurate experience, with strong conceptual development as well as 3D model making skills.
• Five years minimum of product design experience, preferably with kitchen products or housewares.
• Ability to sketch and render concepts for presentation.
• Must be proficient in Solidworks, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to program CNC machine, render tool paths for 2-D and 3-D designs, and have experience setting up a 3-axis CNC to produce working models from various materials.
• Passionate about design and a sense of humor
• Must be willing to relocate to southern Vermont.
If you believe you have the skills and desire to join our company, please email your resume, salary requirements, and a portfolio link to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls will be accepted.
Submit resume and portfolio via email. No calls will be accepted.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.