UX Research Intern
Honeywell is a global leader in comfort, security, and fire protection solutions, as well as integration and energy services. Our products and services make building and home owners more productive and efficient, and improve building occupants’ experiences. We’re already in 10M homes and buildings and growing. We’ve got one of the world’s largest portfolios of proven comfort, security, and integrated systems. We are shaping the next generation of building technology with products and services that help owners and occupants get their buildings in tune with their needs. We’re Honeywell Home and Building Technologies (HBT) Division.
The Honeywell User Experience (HUE) Design Team delivers an end-to-end user experience across every user touch point for our Home and Building Technologies (HBT) businesses. We use well established human-centered design principles to ensure that Honeywell products and applications are the most useful, usable, and desirable products in the marketplace. We are seeking an ambitious User Experience Research Intern to support the creation of the next generation of user experiences on a wide variety of Connected Home and Building software, applications, and data services solutions.
Our team is nimble and agile with limited hierarchy and lots of ownership. This position will be located at the HUE Design Studio in Golden Valley, Minnesota, just 10 minutes from downtown Minneapolis. We're looking for someone who is driven, passionate about our mission, and wants to dive in and get their hands dirty.
For this position, we are looking for people with strong skills in qualitative and quantitative user research and testing methods, including product-focused lab studies, usability evaluation, contextual inquiry, surveys, interviews, focus groups, and rapid ethnography. We would like to hear from people with proven skills in generative and evaluative user research, discovering, interpreting and communicating user insights for product and software design.
• Supporting user experience design on major HBT projects
• Working with other HUE design designers and product development partners
• Articulating a clear, consistent voice on end-to-end user experience design to project teams and stakeholders
• Demonstrating best practices for user experience design throughout the product development process
• Collaborating with other HUE disciplines, including graphic design, interaction design, and industrial design
• Modeling Honeywell core values and behaviors
• Applying user-centered research practices in product development
• Conducting in-context user research and synthesizing your findings
• Synthesizing research, preparing and socializing findings with key project stakeholders
• Planning and conducting research at various points in the product development lifecycle
• Evaluating design decisions with users and consolidating your findings
YOU MUST HAVE
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a field related to Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial Engineering and/or user experience design; Human Computer Interaction UX Research, Engineering Psychology, Applied Psychology, Anthropology or related
• Completion of Junior year at time of internship and able to complete an internship for summer 2018 prior to graduating
• Experience with human factors methods
• Experience conducting user research, user evaluations, and information synthesis
• Experience with interaction design and prototyping tools, e.g., Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, Sketch InVision etc. a plus
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, collaboration and teamwork attitude
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
How To Apply