Senior Service Designer
Putting the user at the core of our work is our gospel. Do you feel the same? Then let’s hear from you!
WHO WE ARE
IXDS is a collective of designers, technologists, researchers and entrepreneurs in Berlin and Munich. Collectively, we work towards a shared purpose: To create desirable and lasting impact by empowering individuals, teams, and businesses.
With a unique set of tools and methods, we uncover relevant user and market insights and leverage the best of existing technology to transform these insights into desirable product and service experiences. We work across the digital and analogue to create an enduring impact on organizations and people: Every day, we are getting our heads around how people will live their lives in the future – in smart homes or when they shop, how they manage their health intelligently or get from A to B in a seamless way, how they collaborate and live together in totally new formats. We think about how companies can offer smarter services to their clients and employees, finding smarter ways to manufacture and distribute goods. And we love to prototype this future, day by day: By continuously delivering reference experience prototypes we accelerate the invention and market readiness of meaningful products and services.
WHAT YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
- You will be planning and conducting user research and leading through analysis and synthesis processes.
- You will translate insights and information from research into a foundation for design and creative and strategic thinking to develop ideas based on user needs.
- You will facilitate innovation workshops together with clients, collaborate within diverse project teams and client relations and work responsively and efficiently within project timelines.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- You are strongly experienced with a wide range of methods for all steps of the service design process and know how to experiment with them to achieve the best result for each project.
- You are able to articulate and visualise your findings and ideas.
Ideally, you are experienced in one or more of the following fields: interactions, business modeling, prototyping, UI design, UX design or tangible interactions.
- You are business fluent in German and English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A purpose-driven, collaborative working culture and studio atmosphere
- Work with clients ranging from startups to big corporates
- Great variety of projects in diverse contexts and industries
- Interdisciplinary teams to build and share knowledge and tackle complex challenges
- Supportive team culture cultivated in collective team lunches, thirsty thursdays, coffee dates etc.
- Balanced working hours and a 4-day work week (80%)
- The opportunity to take over responsibility quickly and shape your own career
- Fair pay and a bonus program for every team member
- Flexible collaboration tools and working hours/places to take your personal life situation into account
If this sounds like the job for you, let’s talk! Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV/portfolio, links to prior work and your salary expectations for a 4-day/80% work week.
How To Apply