Industrial Product Design
The College of Architecture, Visual Arts, and Design (CAVAD) at California Baptist University seeks highly motivated applicants with an entrepreneurial spirit for the position of full-time tenure-track faculty in Product/Industrial Design. CAVAD is a rapidly growing multi-faceted design college dedicated to the integration of Christian thought and values; cutting-edge design pedagogy; and reflective inter-disciplinary practice. CAVAD aims to produce students with high levels of integrity alongside notable skills in the practice of multiple disciplines including Architecture, Graphic Design, Photography, Film, Fine Art, and Illustration.
This tenure-track track position seeks a candidate who will be able to fulfill a multi-faceted role which includes 1) leading CAVAD in the development, launch, and core instruction for a Product Design program; and 2) teaching of interdisciplinary Design Thinking coursework for the span of disciplines in CAVAD
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
1) Terminal degree (MFA, MS, MID or Ph.D.) in Product / Industrial Design or related field;
2) Teaching experience at the collegiate level, or significant record of work as a professional designer;
3) An existing or developing research / creative practice agenda that will expand or enrich the college’s pedagogy;
4) A history of service to the profession and/or the broader community;
5) Previous leadership in professional or academic arenas;
6) Previous leadership or significant participation in collegiate Product Design curricular development;
7) Interest in participating in and fostering cross-disciplinary inquiry across design disciplines.
Successful candidates will initially teach 24 undergraduate units of Design Thinking courses within CAVAD. In subsequent years, teaching load will transition to Product Design courses as the Product Design program grows.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service activities that support the mission of the CAVAD and CBU.
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
How To Apply