Product Design Art Director
TITLE: ART DIRECTOR, PRODUCT DESIGN
REPORTS TO: CREATIVE DIRECTORS
SUPERVISES: PRODUCT DESIGN TEAM
THE PRODUCT DESIGN ART DIRECTOR MANAGES PRODUCT DESIGN PROJECTS FROM CONCEPT TO COMPLETION, PROVIDING VISIONARY DIRECTION AND LEADERSHIP, CREATIVE INSPIRATION FOR PRODUCT DESIGN, AND INSPIRING MENTORSHIP TO THE DESIGN TEAM. OVERSEE PROJECTS AND MANAGE DESIGNERS ON ALL PROJECTS, ENSURING THAT BRANDING CONCEPTS FIT CLIENTS BRIEF AND REQUIREMENTS—AND THAT DESIGN MEETS STRUCTURAL NEEDS WHILE PUSHING CREATIVE BOUNDARIES. INTERPRET CLIENTS STRATEGY FOR BRAND COMMUNICATION. DEVELOP PROPOSED CREATIVE APPROACHES/TREATMENTS ALIGNED WITH STRATEGY. PROVIDE STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP TO TEAMS. PROVIDE EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP TO MAINTAIN EACH PROJECT’S CREATIVE COURSE FROM CONCEPT THROUGH COMPLETION.
Initiate and stimulate creative, original ideas for all involved in creative process. Key responsibilities include: Concept development and structural design of packaging, visual merchandising and product design. Translate marketing communication strategies into effective design strategies and visual communication solutions. Responsible for the quality and originality of final creative work.
Provide creative vision, art direction, conceptual and stylistic direction for all structure projects. Manage structure design team through briefing, conceptualization, design and production phases. Manage internal creative input, informing design approach and strategy to design team. Provide strong conceptual mentoring, and have creative flexibility to manage graphic, structure and production phases of the creative process. Collaborate with graphics Art Directors throughout design process to create seamless integration of structure and graphics on all projects. Liaison with production to assure that all design considerations are clear for final production. Oversee development of and provide final approval on final designs, files, comps and presentations. Keep abreast of industry trends. Gather consumer insights and historic research, lead brainstorming sessions, lead development of internal and client structure presentations. Manage internal teams and studio processes.
• Manage team of designers, mentor in the development and growth of team.
• Direct and manage design team through briefing, conceptualization, design and production phase, assure that creative solutions address client objectives.
• Oversee all design output. Maintain creative consistency/excellence on all projects.
• Work closely with Account Team to develop timelines and budgets for all structure related work, and work with CD and Account team to represent design approach and strategy in structure presentations with clients.
• Liaison with production team to assure that all design details are approved and completed for development of mechanicals and comps.
• Maintain ability to prioritize, manage multiple deadlines, multitask, and proactively seek solutions and solve problems.
• Assure that industry knowledge, production, process and technology knowledge are kept up to date for structure team.
• 5-8 years of experience in strategic product design solutions and client related activity.
• Strong knowledge of industrial design production methods.
• Strong understanding of branding and brand strategy implementation
• Excellence in sketching, 3D modeling, rendering and model making. Mastery of Solidworks, Keyshot, Cinema 4D.
• Ability to manage multiple projects across diverse industries and categories.
• Excellent team and time management skills.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas to clients clearly and effectively.
Passion and skill for product design, innovation, materials and processes and conceptual design. Excellent understanding of packaging design, brand strategy and communication & integration across different medium is essential. Stay abreast of industry evolution. Responsible for development, and quality (hard and soft skills) of the staff by developing objectives, providing feedback for annual reviews, providing overall mentoring and guidance.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.