Are you interested in working on cutting edge medical products and learning solutions that can make a difference and help save lives? Are you passionate for user-centred design and great User Experience? Then you could be our new designer! We are growing, and look for designers within several design disciplines.
As a Laerdal designer, you will work in all stages of the design process, from early phase user- and market analysis, ideation and concept development, detailed design and specification, and final product testing and validation. Everything we do happens in close loops with our users: Nurses, paramedics, doctors, medical instructors and others. You'll work in an energetic and cross disciplinary team, and have a solid and award-winning design group for support. Typical tasks will vary depending of your background and expertise:
• Conduct Research to deeply and holistically understand user needs.
• Visualize and communicate findings and insights to the development team.
• Design, prototype, develop and specify complete user experiences and products.
• Plan, perform and document design validation activities.
You are a talented and experienced designer. Your main field is probably within industrial design, interaction design, UX/UI, service design or design research. In addition to your main field, you also have a strong interest in related disciplines, and you enjoy many facets of design work. You have the design process as an integral part of everything you do, and you are able to engage others in your work methods. You should minimally have:
• Master’s degree within one of the mentioned design disciplines.
• 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Profound insight and experience in design methodologies.
• Good abilities in understanding user needs and transferring this to product concepts.
• Strong prototyping and visualization skills.
• Enthusiasm for creating the best possible and holistic user experiences.
• Strong communication skills, fluent English, written and spoken.
You also enjoy and are able to travel globally (typically one week per month) to meet with users when that is necessary.
Laerdal Medical offers competitive and flexible working conditions. Start date: As soon as possible, no later than May 1st 2018.
If you have questions related to the position, please contact Frederik Hansen (Design Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org or (+47) 92 82 01 62.
Application with CV and design project examples / portfolio should be sent to HR@laerdal.no as soon as possible. Application deadline is December 31st 2017.
How To Apply