Packaging Designer- Full-time
Horizon Group USA (HGUSA) is a leading arts and craft and fashion consumer product company. We develop and distribute a large scope of categories from fashionable jewelry and apparel crafts to seasonal stationery & impulse products.
Originally established as a decorative trim supplier in 1912, Horizon Group leveraged its craft heritage, and refaced the company in 2003. Now recognized as a leading source for children's activities, creative crafts and fashion impulse products, the company serves a broad range of ages in the creative marketplace.
Horizon develops products under its own recognized brands such as Just My Style, It's So Me! & Made By Me! With over 5,000 products in the market place, distributed in over 50 retail chains ranging from mass to specialty, you are sure to have seen our success in building products for creative minds.
Role Accountabilities and Responsibilities
• Design and create packaging for fashion activity kits and novelty products.
• Use Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop to execute designs.
• Participate in trend research and brainstorming for new product concepts.
• Collaborate with Marketing team and Design Team on all projects.
• Illustrate characters, design color schemes and patterns for products and packaging.
• Create mockups for presentations.
• Execute detailed production mechanicals for product and packaging.
• Strong sense of package, illustration and technical design.
• Girl/ Tween Activity Kit product backgrounds a plus.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe, Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-design.
• Advanced knowledge in the use of Mac systems.
• Ability to clearly present concepts to creative team to ensure marketing objectives are being met.
• Openness to accept constructive critique.
• Ability to work on tight deadlines and fast paced environment.
• High energy, strong work ethic and driven.
• Strong verbal communication skills.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.