UX Researcher - Contract to Full Time
“As to methods; there may be a million and then some, but principles are few. The person who grasps principles can successfully select their own methods. The person who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
Prolific Interactive, a mobile-focused product agency, is seeking a user researcher to lead research strategies and conduct studies out of our newest office in Durham, NC. As an experienced UX Researcher, you’ll work with a cross-disciplinary and multi-office team to discover and communicate insights about users’ behaviors, wants, and needs. Your role is to empower the product team to create impactful digital experiences that help extend our partner’s services. This role will be contract (6-month commitment) to start, with the possibility to convert to full time.
At Prolific, you’ll be 100% dedicated to one project at a time. Your first project will entail uncovering and identifying key areas of opportunity within the user journey for individuals pursuing their serious, long-term financial objectives. In short, you will help redefine the customer-facing digital experience of one of the foremost financial services firms in the world.
You’ll be focused on crafting a principled research process, conducting customer/user research, recruiting users, planning and facilitating interviews, running usability tests, and incorporating other research methods as you see fit. You'll work closely with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and Growth Strategists to validate new concepts and improve existing products. Your highest priority will be to champion research-informed design throughout your work.
Prolific is a 100+ person agency based in Brooklyn and San Francisco with our newest office opened in late 2017 in Durham, NC. This role would not only afford you the opportunity to help grow a new office, but also to pioneer user research initiatives out of the Research Triangle. Due to Prolific’s diverse portfolio, UX researchers have the opportunity to work on a variety of discovery projects, each with their own unique set of users and objectives.
## Responsibilities: Your Prolific Impact
- Develop research plans & strategies and conduct studies for a critical product area
- Find creative and compelling ways to present new research strategies to the Prolific community
- Establish consumer/user perceptions, preferences, goals, barriers, motivations, emotions, problems, behaviors, and unmet needs through ethnographic and qualitative methods
- Determine the team's research method based on product needs and constraints
- Derive actionable insights from both qualitative and quantitative data points
- Assist with creation of insight deliverables
- Distill research findings to internal team & external partners through written and verbal communications
## Your Skills and Experience
- At least 2–5 years of experience leading human-centered design research for new or existing products and services
- Utilized and conducted methods such as ethnographic/field research, user interviews, diary studies, surveys, usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other quantitative studies
- Experience working on a native mobile application and web experience
- Experience using at least one of the following programs, but not limited to: Usertesting.com, Validately, or Lookback
- Ability to apply research insights to the design of a product
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience interfacing with and presenting insights to clients
- Ability to travel 1–2 times a month for research sessions and client onsites
- BONUS: Deep understanding and knowledge of iOS, Android, and Web standards
## About Prolific
Prolific Interactive is a mobile-focused product agency. With offices in Brooklyn, San Francisco, and Durham, our recent partners have included SoulCycle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Scotts Miracle Gro and American Express. We're a team of makers and breakers helping our partners solve their greatest challenges, and we're constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.