Freelance Industrial Packaging Designer
Orchard Private Labelling is looking for a Freelance Industrial Designer to join our team!
The successful candidate will create new concepts at the highest level of technical expertise and will work with our team to develop innovative and commercially viable packaging and product designs for our cosmetics and hardlines divisions.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about cosmetics, beauty packaging, fashion trends and loves to work with different materials. Their design aesthetic must be innovative, clean and trend focused.
• Work closely with sales team and product development to create on brand, commercial designs for our customers.
• Achieving design goals with speed, agility and acute attention to detail.
• Adapt designs based on feedback.
• Work closely with our packaging engineer throughout prototype development and performance testing.
• Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Participate in product introduction team.
• New idea generating.
• Be aware and passionate about key fashion/beauty market trends.
• This is a virtual/home office position that will include some travel for meetings.
• Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Arts, or equivalent experience.
• 2+ years of design experience with consumer goods packaging environment.
• Strong awareness of key fashion/beauty market trends.
• Superior grasp of Illustrator and Photoshop and strong computer illustration skills.
• Superior grasp of Rhino 3D or comparable 3D software.
• Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach.
• Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented; flexible and creative problem solver.
• Solid communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in rapid prototyping an asset.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.