Senior Graphic Designer
HealyKohler Design has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer in our Washington, DC design studio. The Senior Graphic Designer is an integral member of our multi-disciplinary design team, working on a variety of exhibition and experience design projects across the country.
Scope of the position:
The successful applicant will plan, program, conceptualize and develop exhibit and interpretive graphic programs, donor recognition programs, and environmental graphics. They will be the client liaison and will assist in translating client needs into effective design solutions. The senior designer will oversee and manage junior design staff and guide them in creating graphic designs for multiple projects. The successful applicant will manage production and installation of exhibition and experience design projects.
– 7+ years of graphic design experience in exhibition and/or environmental graphic design
– Outstanding design sense with the ability to integrate messaging, color, imagery, and typography into three-dimensional built environments
– Ability to manage multiple complex design projects within budgets while meeting deadlines
– Superior organizational planning, budgetary and project timeline abilities
– Ability to manage junior designers and direct design intent
– Excellent communication skills and experience as the studio’s representative for clients, vendors, consultants, and project teams
– Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with flexibility
– Working knowledge of industry best practices including universal design and ADA compliance as well as fabrication materials and methods
– Prepare, coordinate and manage final digital artwork with the Adobe Creative Suite software for fabrication
Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio to the email address listed.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.