Head of Design
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Head of Design primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Champion for 3M Design within 3M Greater China Area (GCA) business and externally
• Establishes a connected, aligned design community for 3M GCA and its businesses
• Develops a strategy and implements steps to build 3M Design China to world‐class design practice, in close cooperation with 3M Greater China Area senior leadership
• Drives the growth of design thinking and digital connected solutions within the business context of 3M GCA
• Drives the growth of design thinking within a 'customer engagement' context; inspiring others to use our technologies, solutions and solving customer challenges through design
• Ensures a consistent standard of design investment across both 3M businesses in GCA
• Champion and leader of design talent management in developing a diverse and multi-disciplinary 3M Design China team
• Teaches, inspires and engages the design and business community inside 3M toward a shared vision of 3M Design China, and design leadership overall
• Drives brand custodianship for visual identity through development of relevant design language(s), identity programs/processes and guidelines for deployment: being a brand design champion within 3M Greater China Area
• Part of 3M Asia-Pacific Design Leadership Team and closely working together with the Head of Design, APAC on design strategies, policies, talent management, process/methods/tools and messaging to drive a consistent performance standard for 3M Design.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
How To Apply