Senior Design Engineer
Helix Design is a multidisciplinary product design firm dedicated to the development of new products. We are located in Manchester, NH approx. 50 miles North of Boston.
Please visit www.helixdesign.com for more information on Helix Design, Inc. and to familiarize yourself with past projects.
Helix Design, Inc. is searching for a motivated, talented, experienced engineer/mechanical designer to join our development team. We are looking for someone who is creative, adaptable, self-motivated, and able to function well under pressure. We will expect you to be able to work collaboratively as part of a team, but also have the initiative to operate independently. You will combine your industry experience with your strong technical background and communication skills to liaise successfully with clients and the development team.
• You will generate innovative concepts and layouts of systems in 3D CAD (2D sketching is beneficial but not essential).
• You have hands-on experience in the design, development and introduction of new products in a wide range of markets (consumer, medical, commercial, etc.).
• You are able to present clearly and confidently while conveying complex technical topics to various audiences.
• You are a creative, confident, engaging individual with a passion for product development.
• You are a motivated, collaborative self-starter who enjoys team-based development.
• You will be responsible for both the execution and the leadership of engineering based work.
• You will manage/lead project based engineering efforts and report to the VP of Product Development.
• You should be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship and be willing to travel occasionally.
• You will be responsible for transferring designs to manufacturing through liaison with external suppliers
Skills & Experience
A BSME or proven engineering product development experience and a work portfolio demonstrating your experience is a requirement to be considered for this position (digital formats such PDF, PPT, eDrawings, etc. are welcome)
• CAD proficiency/expertise with SolidWorks and or Creo advanced surfacing
• Knowledge of manufacturing and assembly processes from one-off designs to high-volume manufacturing is required (experience in plastic injection molding is particularly desirable)
• Knowledge of prototyping processes and procurement
• Project/Team management experience, preferably in a design consultancy environment
• A solid foundation of materials /processes and manufacturing methods
• Effective written, verbal and visual communications skills
A work portfolio demonstrating your experience is a requirement to be considered for this position (digital formats such PDF, PPT, eDrawings, etc. are welcome)
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.