The Product Designer is a creative resource, responsible for generating product ideas and concepts as defined by their consumer team.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Product Design required. Other design fields considered – fashion design, graphic design, interior design, etc.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 1 - 4 years of experience required. Experience in soft goods design and fashion development preferred. Strong ability to quickly translate new ideas into concept sketches. Must be proficient in sketching and Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Generate product ideas and alternatives based on input from the consumer teams.
• Create ideation sketches.
• Create renderings and color studies for market research.
• Prepare product design presentation aids including drawings, renderings and proof of concept models
• Interact with consumer team to solve a wide range of product design challenges.
• Participate in team meetings as required.
• Participate in brainstorming sessions.
• Coordinate work assignments with outside suppliers.
• Interact with team, end users, customers, and outside suppliers as needed.
CRITICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong ability to draw and translate ideas into sketches that communicate ideas and concepts in their entirety
• Ability to design for manufacturability, cost objectives, and safety requirements.
• Ability to manage/provide direction to outside resources
• Ability to work within a team while being creative and innovative
• Ability to stay abreast of design, materials and color trends
• Ability to take constructive feedback well and grow to be a part of the team
• Interest/experience in textile pattern design and fashion preferred.
We offer a highly competitive salary and excellent benefit package in a fun and supportive environment. If interested and qualified, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to 563-875-5658.
DISCLAIMER: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications of employees assigned to this classification
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.