OXO Graphic Designer
USA - New York, NY
If you have ever thought, "There has got to be a better way to do this!", you belong at OXO. Our mission is to make everyday living easier by identifying those annoyances that we all have and developing products that help make short work of life's daily tasks.
We are hiring an OXO Graphic Designer for our New York City location.
* OXO is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. We study people-lefties and righties, male and female, young and old-interacting with products and we identify opportunities for meaningful improvement. Our thoughtful, "question everything" process and relentless attention to detail uncover the best solutions for life's everyday tasks.
* OXO was founded on the philosophy of Universal Design, which means the design of products usable by as many people as possible. Today, OXO offers 1,000+ products covering many areas of the home, all created based on this principle. The company has been recognized globally as an example of how a well-executed Universal Design philosophy not only creates products that are beneficial to end users but is also a sensible business model.
What you'll be doing:
As a member of OXO's Brand Design team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for the concepting and design of graphics for all OXO touchpoints through completion. The graphic designer works closely with other designers, copywriters, photographers, printers, packaging engineers, project managers and product designers.
* Provides visual solutions for packaging, digital applications, sales collateral, point of purchase and signage
* Develops original designs while maintaining the OXO brand identity
* Works cross-functionally with creative, product management, sales and brand communications teams
* Creates print-ready mechanical files
* Contributes to, attends and helps art direct photo shoots
* Communicates with Asia office as needed to ensure smooth transfer of mechanicals to manufacturers
* Handles multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
* Bachelor's degree in graphic design from an accredited four-year college or university
* 7+ years of professional graphic design experience
* Mastery of Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft Office
* Packaging and online graphic design experience required
* Thorough understanding of design-related processes such as photography, retouching, printing and design for online applications
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Design for Amazon and other e-commerce platforms preferred
* Experience designing for consumer or retail brands preferred
* Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a Full-Time basis.
WORKING FOR OXO
Have you ever had to peel a ton of veggies and felt like your hands were getting a tough workout? Or felt frustrated when you tried to get freshly-baked cookies onto your plate and the best part ended up stuck to the sheet? Or been grossed out while cleaning your bathroom, because the dirtiest spots were just out of reach? These are just some of the many pet peeves that we live to solve. Our thoughtful, "question everything" process and relentless attention to detail uncover the best solutions for cooking, baking, cleaning, organizing and more. If this inspires you, please apply and tell us why you want to join our dynamic, growing team.
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here. (link: https://www.oxo.com/our-team)
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties, education/experience/skills requirement of the position at any time.
Founded in 1968, Helen of Troy (NASDAQ: HELE) is leading global consumer products company offering creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well recognized and widely trusted brands – some include: OXO®, Good Grips®, Hydro Flask®, OXO tot®, OXO on® and OXO SteeL®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Febreze®, Hot Tools®, Revlon®, Pro Beauty Tools®, Sure®, Pert®, Infusium23®, Brut®, Ammens®, Sea Breeze®, Bed Head®, Karina®, and Gold 'N Hot®, Dr. Sinatra®, and Dr. Whitaker®.
We employ people across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. We also utilize temporary, part-time, and seasonal employees as needed.
We have 4 business segments-
Housewares: Provides a broad range of products to help with food preparation, cooking, cleaning, organization, beverage service, and other tasks to ease everyday living for families.
Health and Home: Provides healthcare and home comfort products.
Beauty: Provides personal care, beauty care, and wellness products including hair styling appliances, grooming tools, hair accessories, and liquid/solid/powder based personal care products.
Nutritional Supplements: Provides premium branded doctor formulated nutritional supplements, skincare, and pain relief products to help people lead healthier, happier lives.
Why Join Us?
At Helen of Troy, we share an uncommon passion for our work. With our collective expertise, we work together as a close-knit family of brands to create and deliver leading consumer products that make a difference in the lives of people across the world – our powerful brands are marketed in approximately 75 countries.
A job at Helen of Troy provides you an array of career paths, development opportunities, leading benefits, and a foundation of values that shape our company. Supporting a diverse portfolio of brands, our 15+ locations elicit unique team cultures that attract a wide variety of people. Many of our products rank as #1 brand in their category. We’re proud to be market leaders, largely through our new product innovation, product quality, and business strategy.
We are Helen of Troy. Join us!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rk2ftzn3776jnptd
How To Apply