OXO Product Engineer
USA - New York, NY
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties, education/experience/skills requirement of the position at any time.
About Us Helen of Troy (NASDAQ: HELE) is a global designer, developer, and worldwide marketer of consumer brand-name housewares, health and home, nutritional supplement and beauty products.As a leading global consumer products company, Helen of Troy offers creative solutions for our customers through a strong portfolio of well recognized and widely trusted brands. This includes OXO®, Good Grips®, Hydro Flask®, OXO tot®, OXO on® and OXO SteeL®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, and Febreze®, Hot Tools®, Revlon®, Pro Beauty Tools®, Sure®, Pert®, Infusium23®, Brut®, Ammens®, Sea Breeze®, Bed Head®, Karina®, and Gold 'N Hot®, Dr. Sinatra®, and Dr. Whitaker®.
At Helen of Troy, we empower our employees across the world to achieve their full potential. We are... Dedicated to providing innovative solutions to our customers, often setting the standard for the industry. Driven to delivering customers the highest quality of products with our world-class brands. Committed to continuous improvement while maintaining the highest ethical standards. Firmly rooted in the Values we cherish: Mutual Respect, Integrity, Winning, Financial Discipline, Priority Setting, Innovation, In Touch, Top Quality People, and Continuous Improvement.
We are Helen of Troy. Join us!
If you have ever thought, “There has got to be a better way to do this!”, you belong at OXO. Our mission is to make everyday living easier by identifying those annoyances that we all have and developing products that help make short work of life's daily tasks. We study people—lefties and righties, male and female, young and old—interacting with products, and we identify opportunities for meaningful improvement. We are hiring an OXO Product Engineer who will support product development activities through thorough prototyping, analytical testing, detailed inspection and troubleshooting new product designs and their manufacturing process. About OXO Tot
OXO Tot is a rapidly-growing division within OXO, the company you may know from our OXO GoodGrips Salad Spinner and other housewares. We are proud of the innovative products we make, from our infant feeding spoon to our award-winning Sprout Chair to our soon-to-be-released Cubby Stroller. We are a young and creative team with more independence and responsibility than bureaucracy. We consider ourselves a startup within a larger company. • Experience in juvenile products is preferred but not required
What you'll be doing:
This individual will be responsible for the complete design and launch of new products; CAD/document maintenance, lap testing of products in development, supporting the continuous improvement of current product, and maintaining the product development workshop. Responsibilities:
• Participate in brainstorm and design review meetings of new product.
• Design engineering of new products or sub-components.
• Model building and prototyping.
• Collaborate with industrial designer and design engineer on viable solutions.
• Facilitate communication and decision-making process OXO and design team.
• Understand, troubleshoot, and prove out manufacturing methods (molding, welding, turning, etc…) for each unique product and application.
• Work with Product Manager on manufacturing solutions that are cost efficient and fit within agreed upon schedule.
• As required, work with manufacturing partners to refine assembly and manufacturing process to ensure product meets design specification, functional and visual criteria.
• Review inspection criteria and drawings with manufacturing and quality assurance personnel as needed, defining critical aspects of design.
• Draft test plans for all new products and continuous improvement projects to be carried out through the engineering/development project phase to prove design functionality, durability and reliability.
• Design experiments to test finished products and individual components.
• Design and build test apparatus to suit specific needs.
• Record, file, share and present test results.
• Assist quality and manufacturing engineers as needed with design engineering support in the event upgrades are necessary to current product.
• Ensure workshop is a safe environment and adheres to all workplace safety guidelines. Qualifications:
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• The ability to communicate ideas clearly through sketches and email (even to someone who is not a native English speaker)
• The ability to work well as part of a larger team is essential
• A good working knowledge of plastic materials, injection molding, sheet metal, and die-casting
• A degree in Mechanical Engineering is required for this position. This is not an Industrial Design role
• Intermediate level Solidworks or ProE
• Experience in dealing with Asian factories is preferred
• 3-5 years experience in a relevant field.
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the U S on a full-time basis
WORKING FOR OXO
Have you ever had to peel a ton of veggies and felt like your hands were getting a tough workout? Or felt frustrated when you tried to get freshly-baked cookies onto your plate and the best part ended up stuck to the sheet? Or been grossed out while cleaning your bathroom, because the dirtiest spots were just out of reach? These are just some of the many pet peeves that we live to solve. Our thoughtful, “question everything” process and relentless attention to detail uncover the best solutions for cooking, baking, cleaning, organizing and more. If this inspires you, please apply and tell us why you want to join our dynamic, growing team.
For more information about who we are and what we do, click here. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. #LI-LB1
How To Apply