Senior Art Director (Product & Packaging)
MPOWERD is a Brooklyn-based B Corp dedicated to making personal clean energy products that are innovative, easy to use and sustainable – in every sense of the word. We believe companies have the means and responsibility to empower as many people as possible, because we all have a stake in a brighter future. Our purpose is to provide everyone with access to affordable, quality renewable technology, no matter where or how they live. We’re a group of passionate people working hard to make a difference (while still having fun along the way)!
The Product & Packaging Senior Art Director executes the design direction for the brand’s current and future products and packaging – overseeing and executing the design aesthetic throughout the brand’s printed material. Working closely with the Product Development department, the Product & Packaging Senior Art Director will conceptualize and create the direction for future product innovation.
OVERALL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Product/Industrial design: Strategize on creative strategy for product designs/enhancements and co-branding designs; approving prototypes; producing other production materials as needed
• New product innovation: Execute the Blue Sky team’s final ideation to create design concepts, renderings, sketches and comps for new product ideas, as directed
• Packaging: Lead the design and rebranding on all packaging and POPs, floor displays etc. Oversee all design execution on packaging, cartons, etc.
• Collateral: Create all materials for sales and marketing collateral assets, including, but not limited to press kits, presentations, tote bags, etc.
• Tradeshows: set the creative strategy for shows, including how the brand and campaign are integrated into new assets (banners, pop-ups, booth design, tri-fold brochures, and other collateral), and lead the execution of designs
• Toolkit for reps: oversee strategy for launching new materials and merchandise for reps
• Create and maintain the the Brand guidelines and ensure that there is consistency across all channels
• Conduct relevant market research, monitor market and consumer trends, assess and analyze the competitive landscape, and seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Conceptualize and create all new material for any new products including logos, packaging, product design, etc along with creating the tone of the communication for the product and how best to market it
• Coordinate with the Sales and Communications staff the appearance and language of all Company print and electronic materials such as collateral for reps, official photography and marketing messaging, sales materials, letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc
• Works with all departments to ensure all operations and strategies are in sync
• Campaign ideation: lead idea generation and concepting around brand campaign – including new ad concepts, campaign language, experiential opportunities, partnerships and promotional initiatives, and more
• A self-starter able to adjust and pivot to changes in direction
• A strong portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions across a range of verticals with a particular focus on packaging and product design
• Hand sketch, render ideas in a prototype scenario for internal idea development
• Proven track record of leading packaging design projects that are on-brief, on-time and cost effective
• Knowledge and/or experience with design for retailers or vendors a plus
• Knowledge and/or experience with packaging construction and/or engineering a plus
• Relevant product design skills a plus - 3D CAD skills like Rhino and SolidWorks
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere
• Keeps pace with new trends in packaging, typography, illustration, as well as product innovation and technology
• A track record of being an organized, detail oriented, problem solver
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions
• A positive spirit and team player attitude
• Experience within a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Can think both strategically and creatively
• Ability to handle multiple projects/deadlines at the same time
• Bachelor’s Degree - preferably in Packaging, Product or Graphic Design
• 5–7+ years of professional design experience
• Interest in the renewable energy sector
MPOWERD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MPOWERD complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MPOWERD expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MPOWERD’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please include a link to your portfolio.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.