Are you passionate about creating beautiful, functional, high quality products? Does the thought of seeing your ideas in a catalog excite you? Then we should talk! Colony Brands, Inc. is one of the world’s largest and most successful direct marketing catalog and e-Commerce companies. To support our growing merchandising division, we are seeking an exempt-level Product Designer to create and execute design ideas that are aligned with the creative direction of our catalog businesses.
What You’ll Do
At Colony Brands, our Product Designers work collaboratively with our Merchandisers, Designers, Quality Assurance Team, Catalog Managers, Sourcing Team and Vendors to build our product from the “front-end”. Your work will center on hard lines for selected company brands and catalogs. Your work will involve creating visuals to present concepts to cross-functional teams, providing direction to Vendors and evaluating functionality of products in both physical and digital form. You’ll also be responsible for:
• Determining product form, function and manufacturing processes consistent with strategic design direction of Merchandisers, Sourcing and Design Teams and Director of Engineering and Design.
• Evaluating sales and returns to form action plans.
• Attending and actively participating in meetings and brainstorming sessions about future product and catalog development.
What It Takes
We need an exceptionally creative individual with professional level communication skills, who thrives in a fast paced, team environment. Ideally you will have a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design, Furniture or related decorative arts field and 3+ years of Technical Design experience. In addition, we are looking for:
• 3D modeling, sketching and graphic design experience. (Rhinoceros 5 preferred).
• Basic knowledge of photo-realistic rendering techniques (Flamingo Nxt preferred)
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CC.
• Thorough understanding of furniture and home decor manufacturing and industry.
• Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to think and develop “out of the box” ideas.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.