UX/UI Designer / Art Director
PlayMada Games is looking for a versatile, super talented, high functioning UX/UI Designer/Art Director to be an integral part of the development of our teacher dashboard, and web and mobile learning games for high school students. The ideal candidate will have a keen visual eye, an intuitive approach to user experience, a rock solid design process, and the technical skills to carry it all through. This key role reports to the Executive Creative Director. This is a full-time position based out of our New York City office.
- Understand current/future requirements, user behaviors, and sticking points in order to build upon and improve our user portal/teacher dashboard
- Create wireframes, user flows, prototypes and high-fidelity designs that provide a cohesive experience across web, mobile, and tablet interfaces
- Work collaboratively with product owners, designers, and developers in an iterative design process
- Design, conduct, and document usability testing with users (e.g., students, teachers, school principals and district leaders) to understand needs and challenges
- Synthesize and transform raw data into clean and clear visual designs for student usage and data reports
- Create high quality visual designs and specifications, and prepare art assets for development
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure designs are executed to spec and help resolve any implementation issues that may arise
- Create and maintain visual guidelines
- Assist with design and execution of company/product marketing collateral - currently one sheets, conference booth displays, banners, t-shirts, stationery, stickers
- Help iterate on our company website to keep it up to date and informative
Support any other marketing initiatives that may arise
- Develop a deep understanding of our games, the content, and our approach to teaching science through play
- Collaborate with our Educational Game Designer to understand game/learning objectives and player behaviors in our current game iterations
- Work with our visual design team to identify areas for visual/UX improvements and come up with elegant, high impact, low cost design solutions to turn good user experiences into a great ones
- Work with our designers, developers, and Project Manager to implement these ideas
- BA in Graphic Design, UI/UX Design, or related field
- 5+ years of UI/UX responsive web/mobile design experience
- At least 2 shipped mobile/web games working as a Lead Visual Designer or Lead Artist
- Ability to deliver detailed wireframes, user flows, visual designs, prototypes, and style guides
- Experience designing data visualizations
- Experience with user centered design principles and practices, web and mobile standards, typography and color, and web/mobile usability standards
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once and prioritize tasks appropriately to seamlessly meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and a preference towards working in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized by nature
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
- Passion for education a plus
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, nationality or sex.
Please send cover letter, resume, and any relevant links to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “UX/UI Designer”.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.