User Experience Interaction Designer
As a User Experience Interaction Designer for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) located in Urbandale, IA you will be responsible for creating navigation structures, User Interaction task flows, as well as developing mock-ups, storyboards and prototypes to effectively communicate designs to product owners and development teams. In addition you will:
• Focus on user-centered design output including user research, contextual observation and usability testing to guide designs.
• Work with multiple groups across John Deere ISG as a team member or consultant.
• Work with development teams to ensure that new features are implemented according to specifications.
• Develop and implement process improvements and enhancements.
• Create and maintain project and overall system design artifacts.
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is NOT available for the role. ***
What Skills You Need
• Experienced in the use of at least two of the following design and prototyping tools: Sketch, InVision, Adobe XD, Adobe Illustrator, Axure, Balsamic or Hype.
• Demonstrated strong visual design aesthetics.
• Demonstrated use of typography principles.
• Experience translating customer needs into designs and presenting that design to technical team members.
• Experience in roles that demonstrated an ability to work on multiple projects.
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills, including the ability to lead design discussions and workshops.
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and/or internationally.
Please note: Prior to selection for interview, candidates will be required to provide a portfolio of work.
What Makes You Stand Out
• Two or more years of experience with Sketch and/or InVision.
• Experience with agriculture, construction vehicles or similar industry.
• Experience designing for in-vehicle interfaces and/or customer-facing displays.
• Two or more years of experience influencing stakeholders to drive an intentional design philosophy.
• Two or more years of experience understanding and applying visual brand guidelines/style guides.
• Experience working with remote development teams.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience applying a broad range of User Research tools.
Education (or equivalent experience)
• Bachelors of Arts/Science in a Design or User Experience related field (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Interaction Design, etc.).
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
How To Apply