ENTRY LEVEL FOOTWEAR DESIGNER – MULTI CATEGORY
Advanced Design Concepts is a footwear design and development firm, located just north of Boston. For over 25 years, ADC has worked with a wide variety of brands and Industry suppliers on an even wider variety of footwear categories such as running, basketball, skate, hiking, work, golf, etc.
As an Entry Level Designer, you will work on a range of projects, initially under the tutelage of the Senior Designer and then on your own, as your knowledge and experience grow.
• Assisting in CAD creation and revisions, color updates, technical packages, color way options, graphics, prints, and other various details.
• Developing a working knowledge and understanding of the Footwear and Sporting Goods industries.
• Understanding basic footwear construction, sole mold development, costing and fit as it relates to footwear.
• Attending Semi-Annual Northeast Material and Component Show
• Gathering relevant trend and consumer information
• Assisting in compiling, organizing, & maintaining the in-house reference shoe sample and material library
• Participating in Client Briefing conference calls and meetings.
• Working as an integral part of a design team to develop solution plans & execute accordingly.
• Education: Degree in Industrial design
• Years of experience: 0-2
• Proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop, preferably on a Mac.
• Strong sketching and rendering skills to communicate concepts and ideas.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
• Ability to manage time, understand deadlines, and balance a multiple project workload.
• Ability to think & conceptualize in 3 dimensions
• Some footwear design experience is a plus (past internships/school work)
• Local candidates preferred
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.