Designer (Medical Device)
The Designer is responsible for designing orthopedic implants and their associated surgical instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities (Key Deliverables):
1. Design orthopedic implants and their associated surgical instruments.
2. Apply knowledge of manufacturing and inspection principles to improve designs.
3. Create accurate three-dimensional solid CAD models and confirm their accuracy and suitability for manufacturing and tooling purposes.
4. Identify and resolve design problems.
5. Prepare patent disclosures that illustrate and explain the design attributes of novel concepts/inventions.
6. Perform complex tolerance analysis on the form and fit of new or existing parts and assemblies.
7. Create design documentation.
8. Create engineering drawings
9. Check and approve engineering drawings for accuracy and conformance to standards.
10. Make mathematical computations, verify completed work, check models, dimensions, views and title-block for accuracy.
11. Supervise the preparation of working assembly and detail drawings for design, engineering, and inspection or manufacturing purposes. Prepare or supervise the preparation of sketches, drawings and profiles for prototyping purposes. Prepare or supervise the preparation of technical illustrations for sales and marketing purposes.
12. Write or supervise the writing of specifications.
13. Supervise changes to drawings or specifications.
14. Ensure the timely completion of the engineering drawings assigned to his/her team.
15. Know and apply the Quality System and any appropriate Federal and International standards
16. Assist, teach and support other employees, teams, and sales personnel as necessary.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate and/or Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred
• 1 year of drafting experience.
• 1 year of design experience or an Associate Degree in Drafting Technology.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Thorough understanding of mechanical design concepts and their application to total joint systems design, manufacturing processes, and drafting document standards.
• Proficiency in Computer Aided Design (CAD)
• Knowledge of ASME Y-14.5
• Travel up to 5%
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.