Senior Designer, Mudpuppy
Who We Are:
Mudpuppy is the market leader in producing engaging toys that facilitate creativity through product innovation. Drawing inspiration from classic children’s illustrations as well as contemporary artists, Mudpuppy designs award-winning gifts for discerning customers to give proudly to the children they love. We are seeking an experienced Senior Designer to join our in-house creative team!
• Lead product and package design projects as assigned by Art Director, utilizing commissioned, licensed, and in-house developed artwork.
• Assist Art Director in trend research and conceptualization of seasonal product stories and new formats, as well as artwork commissions as needed.
• Support Production Designer as needed with Fall and Spring product catalogs.
• Assist as needed in the print production of all projects, from file release through approval of production proofs and prototypes.
• Manage and assist in needs for product launch events and trade show booths, including presentation decks, booth layouts and signage.
• Mentor designers for mutual growth.
• Accountability to Art Director, Creative Director and VP Sales to ensure that business objectives, timelines and budget goals are achieved.
• Other assignments as requested.
• Positive attitude and self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Minimum 5 years of graphic design experience, preferably with some experience in the children’s market and/or a merchandising environment.
• Ability to balance high aesthetic values with merchandising goals.
• Strong typography and color skills with a playful aesthetic.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). BFA in Graphic Design or equivalent.
• Experience with photo styling, illustration or writing/editorial skills a plus.
How To Apply