Design at Steelcase leverages user research and unique insights to develop and design compelling solutions, unlocking human promise wherever work happens. We are looking for an hands-on mid-level Industrial Designer who is passionate about furniture, technology and the future of work.
Based in our Hong Kong studio this position is part of our global, highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, responsible for innovation across multiple brands, our global portfolio and own showrooms. Hong Kong is our 3rd regional studio next to North America and Europe. This position reports to the Design Manager for Asia Pacific in Hong Kong.
Design thinking, understanding and articulating user insights, product conceptualization, fast iterative prototyping, 3D modeling and visualization, collaboration across time zones, concept presentations, driving projects forward in collaboration with other design team members and project teams.
Our ideal candidate will
• have a strong portfolio of smart, desirable and viable solutions, demonstrating a clear design process and different approaches to problem solving.
• be highly empathetic with proven ability to research design problems and present design direction in clear and compelling frameworks.
• work quickly and effectively through concept explorations in order to identify relevant and viable solutions.
• have an intuitive sense of complex systems and an eye for detail while never loosing sight of the user experience.
• be a hands-on thinker as comfortable building physical prototypes as with 3D-modeling or digital storytelling tools.
• be very curious and constantly feeding their intellectual and visual curiosities.
• be comfortable expressing their point of view in a collaborative environment that fosters open, constructive criticism and dialogue.
• Bachelor degree or higher in industrial or product design.
• At least 3 years hands-on design experience in related discipline.
• Experience designing furniture not a must but an advantage.
• Experience and ability to work in all phases of product development.
• Knowledge of materials, manufacturing and latest technologies.
• Fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese or Cantonese (both a bonus)
• Hong Kong work Visa (existing or local resident)
• Willing to travel in the region and internationally
About Steelcase Inc.
Fortune named Steelcase one of the most admired companies in their 2015 survey.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.steelcase.com/discover/steelcase/careers/
If you meet or exceed these qualifications please submit your application via our Steelcase job portal with your resume and portfolio
How To Apply