Associate Art Director
The Associate Art Director is a Philadelphia based position supporting Philadelphia and Boston magazines, reporting to the Creative Director of Creative Services. This person will play an integral role in the conceptual development of projects across print, digital and experiential. The Creative Services team is responsible for maintaining the Philadelphia and Boston magazine brands as well as coming up with unique and engaging solutions for clients. This is a unique role that combines agency style work with brand work through the lens of a modern media company.
The Associate Art Director will be responsible for print projects ranging from, but not limited to, sales and marketing materials, event collateral and promotion, in-book materials and client projects. This role will also help to support City/Studio, an in-house creative and custom content studio and the newest addition to the Philly Mag/ Boston Mag family.
Roles and Responsibilities Include:
• Works closely with the Marketing Departments to execute pieces for events, client projects and promotional campaigns. Items include but are not limited to:
o Marketing promotional ads
o Formatted in-book advertising and advertorial sections
o Maintaining and updating of sales materials
o Event branding and collateral
o Direct mail pieces
o Templates for sales materials and presentations (sell sheets, proposal templates in power point, media kits)
o High-level mock-ups for larger sales and City/Studio proposals
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction, work independently and adhere to quick-turn around deadlines
Desired Skills and Experience:
• BA Required
• 2-4 years of professional design experience
• Skills/Qualifications: Expert in Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and general digital design is a plus.
• Familiar with print magazine design work, deadlines and process as well as marketing and branding experience
• Graphic Design Skills, Layout Skills, Creative Services, Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility, Team Mentality, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Collaborative and can adapt to client and senior management direction
Upon applying please provide a pdf or link to your portfolio as well as provide salary requirements. Applications will not be considered without portfolio AND salary requirements. Metrocorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email resume, portfolio and salary requirements to Brandon McArdle at email@example.com.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.