Senior Packaging/Production Artist
The love we have for dogs and cats is something we all share in our office. On any given day, several dogs of all sizes and breeds will roam the halls, have an occasional wrestling match, and give their input in new product meetings. It’s a refreshing break in a fast-paced environment filled with talented and smart people who want to keep delivering the best foods possible for all our furry family members—and it’s also what makes Blue Buffalo unlike any office you’ve ever been around.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The primary responsibility of the Senior Packaging/Production Artist is to support the Creative Department with the execution of print-ready mechanicals, mostly for packaging.
· Work closely with Packaging Director to build complete files for packaging, marketing materials and displays.
· Print out and review proofs, release mechs to printers.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUESTED:
As time allows, this position will also be available to support the Creative Director when production assistance is needed for all other marketing materials (brochures, collateral, POS). Also, this position will handle some large projects, like state regulatory changes and sell sheets.
· Design or graphics degree.
· Must be fluent in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (Mac)
· Ability to work an environment with free-roaming pets.
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 5 years experience in production graphics.
· Minimum 3-5 years experience pure package design.
· Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
· Pet Parent Preferred
· Minimum BS degree. Design or Graphics education preferred.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.