A design and construction company based in the Greater Hartford, CT area, is seeking a creative and motivated Graphic Design professional to join our growing Retail Communications team. The main purpose of the role is to elevate our clients’ brand awareness through creative graphic design and to implement creative elements across the platform in a variety of mediums for external and internal audiences. The Graphic Designer also provides fabrication direction to the sign/branding fabrication team.
We operate in a collaborative team department, but each team member is expected to be self-initiating and accountable for results. Our ideal candidate will be a creative, analytical thinker who can tell a story using the design tools currently available in the industry.
Abilities, Work Characteristics:
• Results-orientated, deadline-driven and energized by working in a fast-paced, team-focused environment.
• Strong organizational ability, with excellent design skills and an eye for detail.
• Possess the confidence to take a project from concept to completion with minimal supervision
• Able to juggle multiple projects and perform well with aggressive turnaround times.
• Excellent presentation skills to convey enthusiasm and “sell” concepts.
• Excellent written communication skills, including proofing, grammar and spelling.
• Ability to problem-solve technical issues.
• Willingness to learn and utilize new technology quickly and accurately as it pertains to our business.
• Produce innovative graphic design and artwork for use in client presentations, using the latest tools and technology.
• Provide expertise and creative direction from inception of ideas to final production.
• Review and approve proofs of printed copy and art and copy materials developed by outside vendors; provide detailed specifications as needed
• Collaborate with creative manager to discuss project requirements, objectives, and presentation concepts; coordinate creative activities to develop design solutions.
The successful ideal candidate will have 2 to 4 years’ experience, but we will also consider new grads with the right skill set, creative vision, and desire to excel in his/her field. We provide a collaborative work environment and the head of the Retail Communications department is a talented and willing mentor. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys being part of a small, dynamic team and is excited by the opportunity to earn a level of autonomy and creative decision making. Qualification requirements are:
• Associates’ degree in Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• A strong portfolio displaying your creative, conceptual design skills
• Proficient with relevant design-related programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Publisher, Word and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to persuade decision makers towards the use of dynamic design and to manage and make decisions relating to multiple deadlines
• Excellent work ethic and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
• Innovative mindset with ability to research, learn and use the latest software and related platforms
We are a turnkey construction company, specializing in design and construction for retail and corporate space. We approach our projects as an integrated project delivery provider, which means our projects are totally collaborative; architecture, design, estimating, construction, retail communications, furniture, flooring, etc., are all planned and executed by the entire team. Our beautiful and highly-efficient creations stand at the leading edge of retail design and construction in the region, and we strive to be transparent and holistic in everything we do. Our team is an eclectic mix of time-seasoned experts in the field, strategic pioneers, and creative innovators. We serve all of New England.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.