SKLZ is looking to welcome a talented, collaborative, athletically-minded designer to our product team. As a SKLZ designer you must be able to study, understand and translate human behavior and the needs of the business into tangible product solutions. You should be detail-focused, interested in all stages of product development, have a strong eye for aesthetic and branding, and a never-ending curiosity and desire to grow.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to execute user research and testing in real and simulated environments
- Understand and keep continuously informed on the competitive marketplace and the sports/training industry.
- Review and synthesize data to uncover new opportunities and unmet needs
- Use traditional sketching, digital tools, CAD models, and physical mock-ups to communicate unique ideas and product concepts
- Collaboration with cross functional teams to develop innovative solutions and meet deadlines
- Be receptive of feedback and insight from all teams and able to translate that information into effective design work
- Clearly communicate function and design intent to manufacturers by creating clear documentation
- Provide supporting imagery, content or documentation to other teams (CMs, Marketing, Sales, Creative, etc.)
- Deliver product designs that meet the consumer, brand and business needs of SKLZ
- Deliver product designs that are innovative and elevate the brand.
BFA in Industrial Design or similar
3-7 years professional industrial design experience
Proficiency in Solidworks, Keyshot, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign
Skills including archival and field research, ideation through sketching and prototyping, aesthetic and functional refinement, ability to take product from concept to manufacturing, collaboration with other teams to achieve a holistic end product, and effective communication.
To apply, please send the following:
Portfolio (website or PDF under 5MB)
How To Apply