Lead User Experience Designer (UX)
***PLEASE NOTE- Candidates should submit an updated resume AND Portfolio link/samples when applying for this position.
Nestled in the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Boise, Idaho, one of the nation’s best kept secrets. Wonderful outdoor activities like skiing, mountain biking, world class trout fishing, and white water rafting are right out your back door. Low-cost living and friendly people make Boise an easy choice for young adults and families.
At HP we believe that technology should make life better for everyone, everywhere. This vision guides what we do and how we do it. In our Office Printing Solutions organization within the Global Experience Design group (GXD), we have an exciting new leadership role in our Physical Design Team that will help deliver upon this vision.
As a UX Lead within HP Print Design, you will be instrumental in defining, developing and leading the UX discipline. You will lead as well as participate as a member of the development team to engage with our UX Research team, engineers, marketing, business partners, and align business objectives related to the quality of physical user interactions, interface design, overall user experience and deliver great user experiences into the market that delight customers and help drive our business..
Our ideal candidate will be an expert in translating UX goals and experiences into measurable and quantifiable actions for both the design and R&D organizations to act on. You will have a unique opportunity to lead a key group of UX professionals with industry leading best practices and methods.
• Serve as the overall lead for the UX discipline managing day to day UX tasks.
• Provide direction for all Projects for the discipline
• Sets UX process, standards, roadmaps, priorities and resource assignments for the discipline
• Ensure that the team delivers quality experiences
• Translate interaction experiences to measurable and quantifiable direction for R&D.
• Partner with your peer User Research Lead to help plan and prioritize research and translate insights into actionable experience goals.
• Make design recommendations based on usability tests, standards and best practices.
• Participate in cross-functional and global design reviews.
• Report to and collaborate with the Design Strategy Mgr.
• Assist the Design Delivery Manager and ensure the two teams are strongly collaborating
• Develop and own a design process that enables efficiency/speed and ensures a positive and ever-improving user experience and team culture
• Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills
• Establish design acceptance criteria for products, and ensure that implementation meets design and industry standards.
• Play a leadership role in resolving unclear direction or unknown variables.
• The ability to engage in strategy discussions, and weigh tradeoffs between business, technical, and customer needs
• Mentor UX designers with to improve overall team skillset.
• 10+ years of UX experience with a demonstrated track record of success in designing multiple simultaneous, complex systems in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
• PHD or Masters from an accredited university in experimental/cognitive psychology, human factors engineering, industrial engineering, or a related field
• Charismatic leadership style with excellent collaboration and communication skills.
• Interact effectively with product and development teams at all levels, fostering strong relationships
• Able to dive into the details (when needed) in order to keep management well informed on status
• Strong leadership, project management, consensus building, negotiation, and decision-making skills, coupled with sound judgment
• Project confidence and the ability to offer a vision that encourages people to follow and take part
• Self-directed and able to work effectively within a team environment
• Effective working at a fast pace and navigating through ambiguity while keeping the end goal in focus
• Able to understand and follow applicable safety, quality, and environmental programs, policies, and procedures
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Candidates should submit an updated resume AND Portfolio link/samples when applying for this position.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.