Assistant UI/UX Designer - Multiple Locations
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices (JJMDC) Industrial Design and Human Factors (IDHF) organization is seeking a multi-faceted, exceptionally talented, user-centered Assistant UI/UX designer who is passionate about improving the quality of people's lives through compelling design experiences. This position can reside in any of our JJMDC R&D Centers.
JJMDC is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, Cerenonus, DePuySynthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and J&J Vision.
The Associate UI/UX designer will work closely with IDHF leadership on contextual research to discover unmet needs and creates the concepts to address those needs using state-of-the-art tools, prototyping and simulation. The IDHF team is a diverse and collaborative team, striving to create products and solutions that improve patient outcomes by delivering exceptional user experiences.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, HCI (human computer interaction), visual/information Design, UI/UX, IxD, or similar is required.
- An online portfolio or samples of work showing relevant experience.
- Experience with interaction design, user centered design process, user experience principles and techniques, as well as user experience for complex workflows, preferred
- Experience creating prototypes or wire-frames for software applications and embedded systems.,required
- Experience and passion for design of healthcare-related solutions is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of design thinking and sustained engagement and the impact of these on process effectiveness and business outcomes.
- Experience applying/translating customer insights to deliver intuitive, user centered experiences to customers/stakeholders. Successful collaboration in a distributed or complex team environment.
- The successful candidate must possess highly effective oral and written communication skills (with strong interpersonal and critical-thinking skills), including the ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and current design software/simulation tools (Creative Suite, Axure, JustinMind, IxD applications, etc) is required.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent visual communication skills using traditional sketching and digital media (Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, etc or similar).
- Relevant experience working with multi-disciplinary product development teams and external partners is required.
- This position may require up to 15% travel and is located in any of our JJMDC R&D Centers (please specify interest in the application).
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How To Apply
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.